Assistant Guest Services Manager
Company: Pebble Beach
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Company Background:For nearly a century, friends and family,
celebrities and athletes, world travelers and locals alike, have
all flocked to Pebble Beach Resorts. This stunning slice of
California's Monterey Peninsula is a wondrous place that we are
proud to share. Pebble Beach Company, headquartered in Pebble
Beach, California, owns and operates the world-famous Pebble Beach
Resorts, including The Lodge at Pebble Beach, The Inn at Spanish
Bay and Casa Palmero at Pebble Beach. The company also operates
four renowned golf courses: Pebble Beach Golf Links, Spyglass Hill
Golf Course, The Links at Spanish Bay and Del Monte Golf Course.Its
other famed properties include scenic 17-Mile Drive, The Spa at
Pebble Beach, Pebble Beach Golf Academy & Practice Facility and
Pebble Beach Equestrian Center. It annually hosts premier events
such as the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance, AT&T Pebble Beach
Pro-Am, TaylorMade Pebble Beach Invitational, Pebble Beach Food &
Wine and PURE Insurance Championship Impacting The First Tee.
Pebble Beach Golf Links has hosted six U.S. Opens, four U.S.
Amateurs, one PGA Championship and numerous other tournaments.Job
Summary:The Assistant Guest Services Manager will assist in
overseeing the daily operations of the front of the house and
facilitate guest and visitor enjoyment of the Inn at Spanish
Bay.Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that staff members are aware of the daily business
activity, including VIP and group schedules, and any other special
- Coordinate all group activity as it relates to functions of
Guests Services Department.
- Oversee parking, and storage of guest luggage and golf
- Ensure deliveries are made to guests in a timely manner.
- Assist guest with check-in and check-out as requested.
- Answer guest questions, handle special requests and resolve
- Stage all elements of group arrival procedures.
- Supervise and counsel Team Leaders with the Porter/Valet,
Doorman, and Concierge.
- Coordinate group arrivals and departures with the Front Desk
- Conduct and attend department meetings.
- Schedule employees and approve overtime, consistent with budget
and hotel activity.
- Initiate and participate in employee training skills.
- Train, develop, motivate and coach Team Leaders, staff to meet
and exceed established service standards.
- Approve and conduct personnel performance reviews and
evaluations of staff as needed.
- Develop and coordinate measurable projects to increase
productivity and guest satisfaction.
- Assist and recommend hiring/termination of staff.
- Maintain necessary inter-office administrative
- Order and maintain required equipment and supplies.
- Complete payroll and time card responsibilities.
- Maintain and enforce all quality standards and departmental and
- Serve as a role model of company and department towards resort
staff, guests and visitors.
- Preserve and protect the confidentiality of appropriate
personnel and company information.
- Relieve managers and assistant of other departments within the
- Comply with all Pebble Beach Company safety and health policies
- Understands, models, and integrates Pebble Beach Company
culture (mission, values, and standards).
- Comply with the Pebble Beach safety and health policies and
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Rooms.
- Assist other departments as needed.Required Skills:
- 1 or more years' experience in a supervisory role.
- 1 or more years' experience in a resort setting.
- College degree or equivalent.
- Have and maintain valid California driver's license with 2
points or less.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Experience using Microsoft Office.Desired Skills:
- Experience using Property Management System (Spring Miller
- EZ Go Carts, Bell Carts.Why work for us:
- Enjoy world-class health and wellness benefits after the 90th
day of employment. Comprehensive health and life insurance allow
you peace of mind. Our state of the art Health and Wellness Center
provides employees with unlimited access to a physician and medical
team to tend to you and your family's health needs free of
- We encourage YOU to be our guest. When you work for Pebble
Beach Company, we encourage you to experience what our guests
experience at a 30% discount in all our amazing restaurants, retail
- Golf on the greatest courses. Even if you don't golf, you'll
quickly become the most popular member of the family and your
circle of friends with our amazing employee golf benefits.
- Grow your career with Pebble Beach University. We understand
the need and desire to continually grow and develop, and we provide
opportunities for ongoing learning through our Pebble Beach
University training programs.
- Lunch is on us. Enjoy a meal in our Employee Dining Room for
every shift you work.COVID UPDATE: All employees agree the health
and safety of our team and guests is our number one priority. All
employees may be required to submit to a temperature test and
health survey process daily, prior to the beginning of their
shifts. Employees agree to complete a comprehensive training
program that outlines new standards on COVID-19 safety and
sanitization protocols before the beginning of the employee's first
scheduled shift. Employees must commit to wearing their required
departmental Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) during their
shifts and to adhere to social distancing protocols, as well as all
PBC health and sanitation guidelines.We are proud to be an EEO/AA
employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform
pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Keywords: Pebble Beach, San Francisco , Assistant Guest Services Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!