Network Systems Engineer (Pre-Sales) - Northern California
Company: Arista Networks
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: February 12, 2024
Arista Networks is an industry leader in Cognitive Cloud Networking
for mission critical data center and campus environments. Our award
winning open source platforms deliver ultra low latency, high
availability, automated analytics and secure network solutions. We
foster a culture built on respect, integrity, teamwork, innovation,
passion, trust, and quality.
What Will You Do?
Arista Networks is the pioneer and industry leader in the delivery
of software-driven Cloud Networking and programmable switches for
Data Center and Campus networks.
We are experiencing tremendous growth and have an immediate need
for a collaborative, self-motivated Pre-Sales Network Systems
Engineer OR Network Architect to partner with our Account teams to
provide pre-sales technical systems engineering support for our
enterprise/commercial and SP customers in the Northern
The Systems Engineer is a critical component of the Arista Sales
team with the key responsibility of acting as a trusted advisor for
our customers to gather requirements and identify opportunities
with existing and new customers.
- You will partner with the Arista Account Managers to understand
customer pain points and conduct white board network architectural
reviews in addition to conducting Arista product presentations of
Arista's Open Networking Data Center and Cognitive Campus
(including Wifi) networking solutions, CloudVision (Network
Automation), Security (Network Detection), Endpoint Security and
Real-time Fabric Monitoring solutions.
- You will architect, design and propose Arista Data Center &
Campus network solutions using leaf-spine architectures (VxLAN,
EVPN) and network overlays to capture additional sales.
- Perform hands-on tests to validate customer proof-of-concept
setups, Data Center and/or Campus network designs, and network
deployments using new products and features.
- Put together design guidelines and recommend improvements to
customers for the networks they support
- Partner with Sales Team to respond to RFP/RFQs
- Provide feedback to Product Management and Engineering
- Represent Arista at SDN and Open Networking industry events and
- Keep up-to-date on competitive solutions, products, and
- Author white papers on technology and product
- BS/CS/CE technical degree required
- Network Industry Certification preferred (e.g. CCIE (R&S),
- You possess a minimum of 5+ of L2/L3 networking design and
implementation experience with a focus on Data Center, Campus, and
- Expert level experience with routing and switching including
- You possess recent experience in leaf-spine architecture
- Demonstrated work experience as either a Sales Engineer,
Solutions Architect, Pre-Sales SE or Network Consulting Engineer
- Expert knowledge in the following areas: Ethernet, RSTP/ MSTP,
VLANs, IP Routing, TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP, eBGP, VxLAN, Multicast,
Spanning Tree, QoS
- Good understanding of the competitor technology landscape -
- Expert level knowledge of industry-standard CLI
- Experience with SDN and Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
- Previous experience building network automation using Python
and Ansible desired.
- Knowledge of competitive products, solutions, and services
- Ability to write white papers a plus
The new hire base pay for this role has a salary range of $131,000
Arista offers different pay ranges based on work location, so that
we can offer consistent and competitive pay appropriate to the
market. The actual base pay offered will be based on a wide range
of factors, including skills, qualifications, relevant experience,
and work location. The pay range provided reflects base pay only
and in addition certain roles may also be eligible for
discretionary Arista bonuses and equity. Employees in Sales roles
are eligible to participate in Arista's Sales Incentive Plan, which
pays commissions calculated as a percentage of eligible sales.
US-based employees are also entitled to benefits including medical,
dental, vision, wellbeing, tax savings and income protection. The
recruiting team can share more details during the hiring process
specific to the role and location.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: Arista Networks, San Francisco , Network Systems Engineer (Pre-Sales) - Northern California, Sales , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!