Retail Sales Consultant
Company: KeHE Distributors, LLC
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Good people, working with good people, for our common good.
KeHE-a natural, organic, specialty and fresh food distributor-is
all about "good" and is growing, so there's never been a more
exciting time to join our team. If you're enthusiastic about
working in an environment with a people-first culture and an
organization committed to good living, good food and good service,
we'd love to talk to you!
The Retail Sales Consultant is responsible for all aspects of
executing the day-to-day relationship with the stores in an
assigned territory. The success and compensation for the position
will be based upon the Retail Sales Consultant's ability to grow
sales in each store, increase the number of displays in each store,
increase order size, and maintain excellent relationships with all
store management and personnel.
Sign on Bonus option of $2,000.00
- Present, sell, and execute all promotional activity to maximize
sales and achieve minimal residual quantities.
- Assist in planning and executing all display programs as
designated and developed by the customer both at store level and
corporate headquarter level.
- Educate the customer on what their store needs are based on the
trends and persuade the customer to cut in new items, sections, and
incremental display of products based on what has been taught to
- Responsible for the accurate assessment of inventory needed in
the store and writing an accurate and timely order(s) for the
- Partner and collaborate with all levels of store management;
review and approve all orders placed within the store. Assess
customer needs and suggest appropriate products.
- Promote and sell the organization's products and services
within an assigned geographic area, product range, or list of
customer accounts to meet or exceed sales targets.
- Identify lost sales opportunities (i.e. item voids, missing
shelf tags, out of stocks at store-level, planogram
- Partner with store personnel to ensure all items are cut in and
tagged, all items are being ordered .
- Respond to customer inquiries.
- Identify, research, and contact customers building positive
relationships that will generate future sales and repeat
- Refer sales leads, customer feedback, and information on
competitor activity to appropriate contacts within the organization
so that they can respond to changing market conditions and customer
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility and accountability for all
business in assigned territory.
- Work with store level personnel on details of all promotional
events including products to be demonstrated, quantities needed,
locations, product education and proper execution.
- Monitor activities with new store sets and resets/remodels
including reviewing item file and communicating authorization
- Monitor all set work for accuracy and on time
- Present and complete all store level surveys as needed by the
customer, manufacturer, regional and corporate offices.
- Provide ongoing product education and expertise to the both the
consumer and store level personnel regarding specialty, natural,
and fresh items/brands we represent.
- Coordinate and present educational seminars to the store level
personnel as approved by the Account Manager to support new item
introductions, trends, holiday events, ethnic cuisine,
- Complete special assignments and tasks identified by either the
customer or KeHE.
Pay and Benefits:
- The pay range for this position is 40K - 45K based on assigned
- Eligible for Medical, Dental, Short and Long term Disability,
company paid Life Insurance, option to increase personal, spousel,
children coverage, 401K.
- Employee Stock Option Program
- Profit Sharing
- Holiday Pay for company designated holidays
- Wellness program
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications, Additional Skills,
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor' degree
- Valid driver' license & clean MVR required.
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in sales of grocery products to
- Microsoft Office experience required, including Excel,
PowerPoint, and Word.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, including some
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 75%.
- Demonstrated strength in oral and written communications with
people at all organizational levels.
- Demonstrated proficiency in conducting effective meetings and
making clear and concise presentations
Qualifications / Additional Skills / Aptitude:
- Strong negotiating, communication and organizational skills as
well as interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact with a diverse group of individuals and
contribute to a collaborative work environment - must be a team
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a variety of tasks
simultaneously, focusing on those with the highest business impact,
including anticipating problems and taking appropriate preventive
action to avoid crises whenever possible.
- Seek continued product knowledge to become a specialty product
"expert";. Must be motivated to achieve personal development.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- The employee is frequently required to sit and drive.
- The Representative is frequently required to stand, and
- Must be able to travel up to 75% of the time.
- While performing the duties of this position, the
Representative is subject to both a typical office / store
environment and all outside weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environments is low to high. -
Equal Employer Opportunity StatementKeHE Distributors provides
equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment
on the basis of race, color, religion or faith, sex, gender, age,
ancestry, national origin, mental or physical disability or medical
condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or
any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
training as well as the administration of all Human Resources and
Talent Acquisition processes.
Keywords: KeHE Distributors, LLC, San Francisco , Retail Sales Consultant, Sales , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!