Sequencing Applications Sales Specialist - California and Hawaii
Company: Pacific Biosciences
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Title: Sequencing Applications Sales Specialist Territory: CA
and HI Location: San Francisco or San Diego preferred. At Pacific
Biosciences (NASDAQ: PACB), we are passionate about developing
high-quality, innovative technologies and systems that impact areas
of critical importance, including human biomedical research, plant
and animal sciences, and microbiology and infectious disease
studies. Our unique long-read gene sequencing technology generates
complete and accurate data, giving scientist more insights. We
believe our tools will lead to advances that will create
long-lasting benefits for the world and its future. ESSENTIAL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet or exceed revenue targets in the defined territory,
driving all business with a focus on sequencing projects and
- Execute territory and account specific sales plans that align
with corporate objectives.
- Create, qualify, and close new business opportunities.
- Work cooperatively with various departments within the
organization to ensure that product capabilities, advantages, and
advancements are effectively communicated to the customer
- Create and deliver high quality presentations, plan projects,
and drive product sales.
- Utilize a CRM system according to standard protocols for
pipeline management, accurate forecasting, and communication with
field and internal personnel.
- Serve as a valued technical consultant in order to understand
customer needs and propose solutions accordingly.
- Customer focus: Maintain and develop relationships with key
customers and references while representing the company with
professionalism and integrity.
- The candidate will be working in a fast-paced environment,
interacting with customers, as well as other scientists and
engineers from a wide variety of backgrounds. POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 2+ years or equivalent direct sales experience selling
into the life sciences and/or clinical research markets required.
Experience with genomics products preferred.
- Minimum education: Bachelor of Science within a life science
subject - advanced degree preferred.
- Competitive nature and proven track record of consistent sales
achievement and territory growth.
- Strong understanding of scientific applications and technology
developments as they relate to customer requirements in target
- Role will require a home office and 75% travel at a
- Strong public speaking skills with the ability to handle
objections and communicate both technical and business
- Excellent customer facing communication skills in both pre- and
- Highly networked with experience managing accounts in the
defined geography strongly preferred
- Experience in molecular genetics, molecular biology and
laboratory techniques. All listed tasks and responsibilities are
deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business
conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional
tasks and responsibilities. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color,
religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the
basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
Keywords: Pacific Biosciences, San Francisco , Sequencing Applications Sales Specialist - California and Hawaii, Sales , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!