Sales Manager San Francisco - Coffee Roaster
Company: Michael Page
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: January 17, 2020
- Consistently meet or exceed new customer poundage and Allied
product sales goals by seeking out new relationships with qualified
- Coordinate and execute all new customer training and marketing
project support for key accounts. Work with larger new chains and
franchise accounts to develop value-added programs that are
turn-key, including 'train-the-trainer' coffee programs, menu
development concepts, whole bean sales strategies, marketing
tactics, etc. which will eventually be handed over to the Account
Executive team for ongoing customer maintenance.
- Keep current with and educate potential customers on latest
specialty and third-wave coffee trends that are relevant to each
channel of business.
- Have a deep knowledge of specialty coffee, mastering customer
trainings for traditional brew methods, espresso techniques
(including latte art), and alternative hand-pouring
- Have a proactive mentality for setting sales goals and closing
accounts. Be a self-starter and self-manager with respect to
creating and maintaining a weekly call tracker, customer funnel,
- Be a strong brand ambassador! Project a positive image and act
in the best interest of the company by applying best practices and
stated company values and priorities to all communications,
decisions and actions.
- Report on a weekly basis daily activities consisting of timely,
detailed and accurate records of lead visits, calls, activities and
- Participate in tradeshows, customer events, and sales
presentations when asked, operating as an ambassador to the company
The Successful Applicant
- Must have at least 5 years' experience working in a specialty
coffee or a similar specialty foodservice environment.
- Consultative sales and key account sales onboarding experience
is highly desirable
- Must have an understanding of basic business principals and
restaurant/caf operations in order to add consultative value to
- Must have recent, proven experience in and the ability to
identify, develop and successfully close sales through existing
relationships, warm leads, and cold calls.
- May travel between 30-100 miles/day within the region. Weekly
trips to HQ office in Oakland will be required for meetings, team
communication, samples, etc. Must reside somewhere within the San
Francisco Bay Area.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation
skills are required.
- Must possess a computer and printer, and be proficient in Word,
Excel and Outlook. Strong social media skills a must.
- Professional enough to deal with CEO and top-level management
presentations, yet approachable enough to interact comfortably with
baristas and wait staff.
- Strong, collaborative, relationship-building, analytical and
proactive problem-solving skills.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience strongly preferred.
What's on Offer
Salary base + bonus
Keywords: Michael Page, San Francisco , Sales Manager San Francisco - Coffee Roaster, Sales , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!