Senior Manager - Site Reliability Engineering
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: September 15, 2019
Position SummaryAs a Senior Site Reliability Engineering Manager,
you will be responsible to lead a geographically distributed team
of talented Site Reliability Engineers. This is a unique position
offering a rapid growth opportunity for a talented leader with high
potential. You will be working on a strategic, high-growth, cloud
- Are you comfortable with dev, comfortable with ops, and looking
for a job that doesn't have "DevOps" in the title?
- Do you have an intimate understanding of the operational
challenges of running services at scale, and are you also committed
to addressing those challenges with software instead of sustained
- Do you combine the above experiences and talent with a penchant
for leadership, strong communication skills, and a strong drive for
organizational excellence - all while learning and having fun?
As a Senior SRE Manager in Digital Experience at Adobe, you will
lead teams of talented individuals, and be responsible for the
delivery, optimization, resilience, and availability of high-value
and high-transaction-rate services trusted by some of the largest
brands in the world.
SRE Managers have the acumen and experience to provide direct
technical leadership to major projects, but also to empower and
develop their teams to do the same. You align with your
counterparts across engineering, deliver domain expertise for
Adobe's infrastructure within your product area, and draw on your
strong communication skills to handle a variety of global
initiatives. Your leadership embodies the cultural perspectives
needed to foster and support successful delivery of reliability
engineering, bringing together diverse opinions, intelligent
risk-taking, technical creativity, and positive influence by way of
metrics and data. Communication is key, and collaboration is
paramount to success.
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is an engineering discipline
that combines software and systems engineering to build and run
large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. SRE
ensures that Adobe's internally critical and externally visible
systems maintain the appropriate service levels (availability,
latency, and reliability) to serve our customers' needs, and reduce
the friction for managing change, while being strategic about
capacity, and constantly managing performance. SRE is a mindset and
a set of engineering approaches focusing on delivery of the
appropriate architecture, optimizing existing systems, building
infrastructure, and eliminating toil through
- Directly lead a large geographically distributed team of
engineers working on key services used by hundreds of millions of
- Ensure alignment and coordination with your Software
Engineering leadership peers.
- Provide technical leadership for a hybrid private/public cloud
- Collaborate with various internal teams to provide a high
quality customer experience.
- Communicate effectively and present team progress to upper
- Oversee service metrics and measurement.
- Deliver automation to prevent problem recurrence, and automate
response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Lead by example, both technically and organizationally, and
establish credibility with the quality of your and your team's
- Mentor, coach, and develop a high-performing SRE team.
- Manage on-call rotations across continents, using a
- Continually evaluate and adopt the latest industry technologies
to optimize costs and increase productivity.
- Create a culture that supports innovation and creativity while
delivering high output in a predictable and reliable way.
- Keep the team motivated to go beyond the expected in execution
and thought leadership.
- Minimum 5 years of management experience.
- MUST possess a BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 10 or more years of commercial software development and/or
technical operations experience, and experience managing
large-scale cloud-based applications.
- Demonstrated ability to provide vision and direction to
- Able to design and deliver infrastructure solutions for
scalability, reliability, high availability, performance, security,
software maintainability, and operational excellence.
- Experience with Linux-based open source software.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) are
critical to the role.
- Able to work effectively across multiple time zones to
collaborate with peers in other geographies.
Adobe believes in hiring the very best. We are known for our
vibrant, dynamic and rewarding workplace where personal and
professional fulfillment and company success go hand in hand. We
take pride in creating extraordinary work experiences, encouraging
innovation and being involved with our employees, customers and
communities. We invite you to discover what makes Adobe a place
where exceptional people thrive.
Adobe has been a pioneer and innovator throughout its history and
is recognized as one of the Top 100 Best Global Brands according to
Interbrand. Adobe's dynamic working environment is also well known
and has received awards throughout the globe, including a spot on
The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For list. Recognizing
that employees are at the core of our success, Adobe recruits and
retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creates an
environment where they can innovate and achieve their best, and
rewards them for their performance by giving them an opportunity to
share in the company's success.
Build careers that change the world. Check out the Adobe Life
magazine and discover what our employees are saying about their
career experiences at Adobe.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage
diversity in the workplace.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment
that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists.
You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to
helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where
ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you.
Discover what our employees are saying about their career
experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful
benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage
diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion,
age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran
Keywords: Adobe, San Francisco , Senior Manager - Site Reliability Engineering, Professions , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!