Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: July 15, 2019
As a MongoDB/DBA/Oracle Consultant, you will help to participate
the rollout of the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) state
law, and its implementation across our various Business and
Technology systems, components, and databases. You will work
collaboratively with our business, legal, security, and multiple
cross-functional technology teams that will discover, design,
build, and maintain the impacts from this law from data
perspective. This is a temporary position for the duration of this
project, will be based in Santa Clara, and report to the senior
manager of Database Technology.
This is a cross-functional project that includes Business,
Engineering, and other Owners of various systems,
collaborative/cloud tools, and unstructured data stores. Business
Owners include Marketing, Business Development, and HR. Other
business owners will need to be interviewed to determine if they
are capturing or using data informally that we may not be aware
We will organize the project in 3 main phases:
- Discovery: Understand the business processes and underlying
technology that supports the collection, maintenance,
storage/disposal and use, and disclosure of any and all data for
California residents. This will get very detailed as to all
sources, data, files, etc.
- Analysis & Design: Determine eHealth policy and meta-procedures
to support CCPA requirements.
- Implementation: Deploy controls and procedures as defined in
the Design phase. An important component will be data governance to
keep the inventory that would have been completed during the
Essential Job Functions:
- Collaborate closely with teams and stakeholders across
locations – Santa Clara, Gold River, Salt Lake City, Austin, and
Xiamen (China) as required.
- Collaborate closely with the Business, Legal, and Security
owners in understanding the law, assessing its impacts to our
Technology systems and teams, and facilitating the definition of
data requirements for the impacted teams.
- Collaborate closely with the Tech teams (Product, Engineering,
QA, Data, IT, and Ops) in deeply understanding and contributing to
the data/database requirements and solutions.
- Help to facilitate key deliverables relating to Data/Database
including Impact Analysis & Dependency Matrix, Deployment & Rollout
Plan, etc. as required.
- Provide regular status updates to project manager.
- Help to extract and document Mongo collection and key/value
- 5+ years of hands-on implementation experience in software
development, database design/administration.
- BS/MS degree in a technical discipline.
- Strong knowledge of MongoDB and NoSql is a must.
- Proficiency in SQL, PL/SQL.
- Familiar with Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server.
- Ability to develop Shell scripting and Python.
- Knowledge of PII and PHI data classifications
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- High degree of initiative, momentum, and sense of urgency
- DBA background with any of Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server and
Keywords: eHealth, San Francisco , Temp-Database Consultant, Professions , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!