Posted on: June 15, 2019
About UsWith electric vehicles (EVs) expected to be 25% of vehicle
sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is in
the midst of a tipping point and becoming reality. ChargePoint is
at the center of the e-mobility revolution, powering the world's
leading EV charging network and most complete set of hardware,
software and mobile solutions for every EV charging need. Whether
it's to ride, driver or deliver on electric fuel, we bring together
people, vehicle fleets, businesses, automakers, policymakers,
utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a reality
Our fanatical focus on charging and 10+ years in business has made
us an industry leader. Supported by more than half a billion
dollars in funding from investors, including Quantum Energy
Partners, GIC, Clearvision, Daimler Trucks & Buses, Daimler,
Siemens, Linse Capital, American Electric Power, Canada Pension
Plan Investment Board, Chevron Technology Ventures, Rho Capital
Partners, BMW i Ventures and Braemar Energy Ventures, ChargePoint
offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to be part of creating an
all-electric future and shaping a trillion-dollar market. Join the
team that built the EV charging industry and make your mark on how
people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any
context, for generations to come.
Director of Hardware Engineering
What You Will Be Doing
- Architect hardware systems for ChargePoint's industry-leading
products which are optimized across multiple dimensions including
cost, reliability and feature richness.
- Across AC and DC solutions, develop lowest levels of circuit
design to full-scale system architecture, see systems all the way
through to volume manufacturing and field deployment.
- Interpret and respond to product requirements and turn them
into engineering requirements.
- Work with Systems Engineering on standards to engage in
industry influencing, next-generation technology planning.
- Document and flow top level requirements down to subsystem
- Provide the technical vision which will help to future-proof
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- Strong background in architecting complex systems.
- A demonstrated ability to perform/lead difficult system level
engineering tradeoffs then defend those decisions in a peer review
- Expertise over a wide variety of wired and wireless network
- Experience with platforms ranging from low-level
microcontrollers to complex processors and their appropriate
- Familiarity with power delivery and power systems.
- Desire to innovate and create new technologies with the goal of
ultimately improving a user's vehicle charging experiences while
meeting ChargePoint's business goals.
- Must be inventive, curious, and creative as well as fanatical
about cost, quality, and building market leading products.
- Able to drive solutions across software, mechanical, power and
thermal boundaries to assure great results.
- 10+ years of experience in architecting complex,
high-reliability systems with an emphasis on network
- 5+ years of system and hardware design, development, test,
validation and manufacturing.
- Demonstrated ability to partition large system designs into
smaller subsystem assembly requirements in a coherent and logical
- Experience architecting systems with a human
- Familiarity with global power, network/network security and
vehicle communications standards a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills must be
comfortable presenting to wide audiences.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer
Science or related disciplines.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is
an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on
race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex,
gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation,
age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital
status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company
needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.
Keywords: ChargePoint, San Francisco , Hardware Architect, Professions , Campbell, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!