Company: Apex Life Sciences
Posted on: April 19, 2019
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Manager of Warehouse &
Logistics, the Logistics Specialist role is responsible for the
daily operations of warehouse activities for the Pleasanton
Manufacturing Facility, ensuring operations are compliant with
cGMP's and safety guidelines. Responsibilities include the Receipt,
Storage, Inventory Management, and Distribution of cGMP/Non GMP
Materials, Samples, Supplies and Equipment at the Gritstone
Pleasanton Manufacturing Facility. The Logistics Specialist ensures
all activities within span of control meet or exceeds Gritstone
Oncology's standards and meet full compliance of all applicable
regulatory governing (e.g., FDA, EU, USDA, DEA, and DOT, etc.). In
addition, this position is accountable for ensuring safe,
cost-effective, and efficient warehouse and supply operations. This
role will assist in the daily operations of all Shipping &
Receiving including cGMP Receipt & Distribution activities. Hands
on and direct support across functions is necessary as set forth by
the Warehouse Manager. This position will assist in the creation of
procedures, plans and documentation as associated with the
Warehouse & Logistics functions. Minimum Education/Experience
- BS/BA required (science or business preferred), or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Requires formal training in supply chain management, logistics,
or closely related discipline.
- Requires a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years' experience
that includes: in-depth understanding of cGMP Logistics operations,
purchasing and inventory management in the Pharma/Biotech field or
- Must have a working knowledge of Trade Compliance
responsibilities, on both the import and export sides of the
- Cold Chain experience required.
- Working experience and knowledge of applicable regulatory
requirements (FDA, EU, FAA, IATA, DOT, Customs, and OSHA).
- Experience / ability to understand and develop procedures and
other controlled documents required. Other Qualifications
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced, small start-up
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined and able to function
independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work in an
- Computer competency (MS Word, Excel)
- Must possess excellent attention to detail and analytical
- Must have excellent technical writing ability, oral and written
- Strong knowledge and understanding of software packages and
technologies used in a typical logistics operation, specifically
- Perform administrative and/or physical task involved in the
shipping, receiving, storage, and distribution of GMP/Non-GMP
Materials, Samples, Supplies and Equipment.
- Supports the implementation of departmental operations,
strategies, policies and procedures in accordance with all
applicable governing bodies including but not limited to FDA, EU,
USDA, DOT, CBP, OSHA, and in alignment with all Company policies,
procedures, goals and objectives.
- Performs all activities of the logistics and warehouse
functions to enable a compliant cGMP manufacturing site. Implements
and administers all systems and processes for maintaining control
of 1) inventory and transaction accuracy, 2) warehouse and
controlled temperature storage methods and facilities, and 3)
domestic and international transportation programs, housekeeping,
pest control and GMP compliance.
- Maintains appropriate training to properly perform job
associated roles/responsibilities and operate in a safe and
- Writes and reviews reports upon request. Performs, documents
and reviews change controls and investigations within their area of
- Performs other duties as required.
- Must be able to obtain Forklift Certification within 12 months
- Must be able to occasionally lift, up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb ladder and stairs.
- Some domestic travel may be required.
Keywords: Apex Life Sciences, San Francisco , Logistics Coordinator, Professions , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!