Sr. FP&A Analyst
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: February 15, 2019
SENIOR FP&A ANALAST
REDWOOD CITY, CA 94065
WHO WE ARE:Talend is a rapidly growing leader in the cloud, data and application integration space. We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Irvine, Boston, Atlanta, Minneapolis, Toronto, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore.
Our customers are thought leaders in data integration, cloud, and big data, and they represent some of the biggest and best names in retail, financial services, consumer products, and business services.
We enable data driven companies to be more effective at what they do by providing them with the tools, infrastructure, and guidance to make informed business decisions. Our architecture and technology uniquely position us to take advantage of constant innovation in data and processing technologies, such as Hadoop and Spark. As a result, we provide the fastest, most scalable data integration platform in the industry, and we support Big Data natively. Data, analytics, and predictable forecasts are becoming ever more important to us as our company reaches its next phase of maturity and reporting requirements.
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY:You'll be joining our rapidly growing FP&A team which sits in our Redwood City global headquarters. In this role, you'll get to work collaboratively with a range of cross-functional partners to enable operating planning and strategic planning. You'll report directly to the Senior Director, FP&A.
ABOUT YOU:You're highly self-motivated, smart, and great at models (and people know it!). You have solid analytical skills and framework when approaching ambiguity and creating cohorts for a rapid growing business. You are fun, flexible, innovative, results-driven, and a team player. You possess an ability to communicate complex ideas to senior business leaders, and a desire to make a meaningful impact on a dynamic, high-growth technology company.
WHAT YOU'LL BE WORKING ON:
- Participate in all financial planning cycles and play a key role in either operating or strategic planning
- Own a function's financial planning and partner with an executive or a VP to ensure planning is realistic and accurate
- Develop and maintain financial forecasts and budgets (monthly and quarterly)
- Build necessary sub models (such as attrition models) to enhance headcount related expense forecasts
- Support and manage the development of mathematical and analytical models, such as cohort analysis, to demonstrate the impact and effectiveness of investments
- Track key performance metrics such as CAC, LTV, ACV metrics pertaining to business and benchmarking
- Support the development of visualization capabilities in business intelligence tool or planning system or excel
WHAT WE NEED:
- Minimum 6 years work experience in Financial Planning & analysis, Investment Banking, Consulting, and/or Corporate Finance
- Bachelor's Degree, although a Master's is strongly preferred, in Economics, Econometrics, Finance or related field
- Excel mastery and proven experience in building strong financial models required
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Extremely strong analytical, statistical, problem-solving skills, and business acumen
- Strong communications skills
- Experience and proficiency with Tableau, SQL, and/or VBA
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, and a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA "100 Companies that Matter Most in Data"
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 CompaniesWe are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
Some Cool Perks With Working Here
- An opportunity to work with an international, highly collaborative, and entrepreneurial company with great coworkers who enjoy having fun and working hard
- Competitive salaries and quarterly bonuses
- Equity for all full-time employees
- Comprehensive health insurance available (medical, dental and vision) for you and your family
- Paid vacation, sick time, and company holidays, in addition to paid maternity leave, paternity leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave
- Employer-matching 401K plan
- Commuter benefits, and free employee shuttle to CalTrain for an easy commute anywhere along the 101 corridor
- Weekly catered lunches, which we proudly take the time to sit down and enjoy as a team, weekly rotating food trucks outside our office, and a fully-stocked kitchen with drinks, Philz and Stumptown coffee, snacks, bagels, and candy
- Opportunity to challenge your fellow coworkers to a friendly match of ping pong, cornhole, or basketball in our Game Room
- Free onsite fitness center for employees, and outdoor running trails and full-sized basketball courts
- Working in a new, bright, open-environment and collaborative office
- Choice of MacBook Air or Windows laptopTalend is committed to equal employment opportunity and prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Keywords: Talend, San Francisco , Sr. FP&A Analyst, Professions , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!