Sample Receiving Technician
Company: Montrose Environmental Group, Inc.
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Montrose Environmental Group, Inc. is a high-growth Environmental Services company offering (i) Measurement and Analytical services and (ii) Environmental Resiliency and Sustainability services to a diverse range of clients in industry and government throughout the United States and abroad. Our qualified engineers, scientists, technicians, associates and policy experts are proud of our ability to objectively help industry, the public and regulators work constructively together on environmental opportunities.
Enthalpy Analytical, is part of the larger organization, Montrose Environmental Group, is comprised of over 8 laboratories servicing air, water, soil and tobacco testing. Regulations drive the need for our services, but our unique capabilities allow us to add value to clients beyond environmental compliance. For our families and communities, we strive to protect the air they breathe, the water they drink, and the soil on which they live.
We are looking for a Sample Control Technician to work at our Berkeley, CA Laboratory
Sample Control Technicians are responsible for ensuring that samples received are documented and stored correctly. They are usually the first point of contact between the clients' samples and the laboratory and, as such, are responsible for immediately notifying the Group Leader to receipt, volume, preservation, labeling, or other discrepancies that could affect the laboratory's ability to efficiently and profitably generate complete and accurate sample results on time, and meet the expectations of our clients.
- Receives environmental samples into the laboratory according to Enthalpy's SOPs
- Performs data entry of sample and test information into Laboratory Information System (LIMS)
- Label the sample containers, store them in appropriate locations and/or contact the proper department to inform them of short holding time and/or rush requests. Requires attention to detail while performing this task.
- Assists in sample bottle preparation
- Assists in sample management/archiving and disposal
- Assists in sample pickup or field sampling, if needed
- Assists in the coordination of daily field sampling/pickup schedule, if needed
- Participates in focus teams to improve efficiency
- Be flexible in work schedule including Saturdays and overtime when needed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Some lab experience is preferred but not required
- Valid state issued driver's license to drive company vehicles
- Must pass screen drug testing
- Proficient in computers and database software
- Knowledge of general lab practices and lab safety
- Able to multi-task and communicate effectively (both oral and written)
- Able to work independently and make sound decisions
- Well organized and have an attention to detail
Montrose Environmental Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), denial of Family and Medical Care Leave, disability (mental and physical) including HIV and AIDS, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, national origin (including language use restrictions), race, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation.
As permitted by applicable law, employment with Montrose is at-will.
Keywords: Montrose Environmental Group, Inc., San Francisco , Sample Receiving Technician, Professions , Berkeley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!