Location: San Francisco
Posted on: October 21, 2018
Who We Are:
Webcor employs people of integrity and passion to build diverse, high-profile, and innovative structures for our clients. Webcor was founded in San Francisco in 1971. We are still headquartered in San Francisco and are committed to growing throughout California (and beyond). Through career development and employee-specific rotation plans, we foster collaboration across our construction management divisions (Core & Shell and Special Projects) and self-perform groups (Concrete, Interior Construction Group, and Paramount Drywall). We provide craft professionals, experienced professionals, and new graduates with financial, health, and wellness benefits that encourage and reward individual contribution.
Why Join Us?
- We love to build for both public and private owners. We dont shy away from what we have never done before.
- We are deeply connected to continuous improvement. We welcome better ways of doing things.
- The U.S. GREEN BUILDING COUNCIL has recognized us with multiple LEED PLATINUM awards for our commitment to sustainable design, communities, and construction.
- Career tracks are clear and we encourage employee mobility and development.
- We pay an average of over 85% of the cost of medical benefits for employees and their families. We cover the total cost of dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. We offer a generous 401(k) match. And we offer a range of other benefits, from a wellness program to legal assistance.
What Youll Do:
People want to leave their own thumbprint on big, meaningful, and complex projects. They also want the support of a small, tight-knit organizational community and of executive leadership. As a Senior Estimator, you will be part of a team doing meaningful work. You will prepare detailed cost estimates for proposed new construction projects involving both competitive bid and negotiated type work. Other responsibilities include:
- Reviews owner blueprints and drawings for both negotiated and bid construction projects; determines both the nature and scope of the work to be performed.
- Works with the estimating staff to prepare detailed, quantity and cost take-offs for assigned segments of the project. Using an approved list of contractors, invites subcontractors to submit bids on portions of the job to the subcontracted (elevators, mechanical, electrical, etc.).
- Compiles cost data received for subcontractors for Webcor Estimators. Examines data as it is being received for both accuracy and sufficiency before completing the final bid estimate.
- Assists in maintaining and updating the master bid list for the 16 Divisions of work as detailed in the Uniform Construction Index.
- Mentor more junior staff. May review the work of other staff members for accuracy; offers suggestions as needed before bid data is consolidated.
What You Need to Succeed:
- Bachelors degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Civil Engineering or Mechanical Engineering; with preferable two years of experience as a Project Engineer, and with a minimum of five years of diversified estimating and construction experience.
- Working knowledge of construction costs and principles
- Solid knowledge of the following software: WinEst, OST, Revit, SketchUp.
- Demonstrate a desire to continue to learn and grow, and a desire for continuous improvement.
- You love communicating! You are also a born leader and enjoy using creativity to solve problems.
- You are authentic and are known for going above and beyond what is asked of you.
The Legal Stuff:
Webcor is AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk, hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud This is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis.
Keywords: Webcor, San Francisco , Senior Estimator, Professions , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!