Company: Northland Controls
Posted on: October 12, 2018
Job Title: Lead Technician
Reports To: Installation Manager
Location: Milpitas, California
What Northland Does
Northland is a world-class global security integrator with offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Singapore, China and India. We specialize in design, build, integration, and management of high-end Lenel, Software House, S2 global enterprise security systems which include 6 out of 10 of the largest hi-tech companies in Silicon Valley.
We are responsible for single card reader installations in some of the most remote parts of the world, all the way through to the design, deployment and management of large enterprise systems managing up to 300 corporate offices in over 70 countries including datacenters and multi-faceted security operations centers.
With 250 highly trained professionals, all program management, project management, system design, system programming, testing and commissioning is carried out by Northland Controls experts to ensure we deliver the right solution, to the right standard, every time, anywhere in the world. In addition, Northland is supported by a network of over 100 in-country local service partners (LSPs) across the world who partner with Northland to deliver unparalleled world class services to our enterprise customers.
We are trusted to get the job done no matter what. Through word-of-mouth our elite list of customers has rewarded us with phenomenal growth from $1M to $70M in 10 years'. To achieve this, we are always interested in the very best people who share our core values and beliefs, and will "do whatever it takes" to enable our customers to realize their goals. We will take on difficult challenges regardless of where they may lead us, and we will always take the most honorable route to get there.
To be the most trusted and influential leader in the industry. By delivering exceptional services across the world, we are determined to continually surprise our customers, the industry and even ourselves while having fun.
- Be Honorable
- Take on Challenges
- Do Whatever it Takes
- Our People
- Have Fun
The mission of the position is to provide a high standard service to a single client by performing independently and efficiently in a multi-system environment, while communicating with client and management personnel.
- Extensive experience working in the field of electronic control systems
- Must be certified and familiar with access controls, Lenel Certification a must
- Must be certified and familiar with CCTV systems, Milestone Certification a plus
- Ability to program and troubleshoot advanced electronic control systems
- Ability to read blue prints and schematics
- Proper hand and power tool operations and safety
- Ability to wire and troubleshoot relay logic
- Positive mindset and respectful attitude.
- Motivated and enthusiastic about developing good relations with clients.
- Self-motivated individual who relates well to everyone.
- Certified in scissor and boom lifts.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Relates well with clientele and management personnel.
- Install and troubleshoot different devices and access control/video systems.
- Attend meetings with customers and project management team to look at customer needs and provide recommendations.
- Test, program, and troubleshoot access control and digital video systems.
- Create test plans, co-ordinate with commissioning team and test systems.
- Train customers and technicians on proposed and installed systems.
- Document and maintain system architecture based on customer standards.
- Communicate with clientele and management personnel.
- Complete assignments individually and efficiently in a multi-system environment.
- Communicates constantly with local Security Management on delays, requirements and general status of jobs
- Keeps daily logbook up-to-date with customer requests, worked performed each day, job numbers, dates and times and tasks assigned to Senior Systems Technicians and Apprentices
- Confirm techniques are understood and adhered to
- All work is performed to Northland standards and quality installation techniques are practiced
- Coordinates with other trades and subcontractors (i.e. General Contractor, Electrical Contractor, Door Hardware, etc.)
- Keeps accurate inventory of all stock parts
- Keeps track of all assigned company provided equipment and ensures that all assigned tools are in proper working condition
- To work in compliance with the Company's Health and Safety standards and requirements; with the safety of self and others in mind at all times
Keywords: Northland Controls, San Francisco , Lead Technician, Professions , Milpitas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!