Principal Cloud DevOps Engineer/ Cloud Site Reliability Engineer
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: September 15, 2018
The CloudTrust team powers Informaticas transformation and ensures that all our cloud platform and products are available, performant and safe. We implement industry-leading technologies and practices to bake in scalability, reliability and security during product design, help teams reliably deploy global products at scale, and ensure global DevOps and Customer Support teams have the tools and data they need to safely monitor and manage our customer data and workloads. The Informatica Intelligent Cloud Services (IICS) platform is powering Informaticas transformation to host all Informatica cloud products. We are growing rapidly to keep pace with our expanding global footprint and customers exacting demands, partnering with product development teams to build the systems and processes needed to out-innovate our competitors.
By joining our organization, you will accelerate Informaticas transformation into a global cloud platform through your expertise and guidance, define a new category of enterprise cloud data management products operating at global scale, in a growing market place with the smartest minds in the business. Were looking for energetic thought leaders to join us on this journey, giving our customers a competitive advantage in todays information economy by empowering them with timely, relevant and trustworthy data for their top business imperatives.
You will work with world class engineers to deliver the next generation cloud platform and products, using the latest cutting-edge cloud technology, such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Kubernetes to provide transformational and reliable cloud services to our customers. You have experience working at a global scale, but agile enough to deliver results iteratively and create ongoing impact quickly.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are a motivated, organized, and technically competent individual, who has excellent communication skills, has hands-on experience in programming and public cloud platform, a strong analytical mind, has been involved with monitoring automation of daily tasks, and is proficient in procedure and process documentation. You are capable of working with fast pace environment, and effectively coordinating multiple projects involving cross-functional teams.
The successful candidate will be based in Redwood City, CA and will responsible for the following:
- Use cutting edge tools to build a secured, resilient infrastructure on multi-cloud environment
- Participate in feature development and follow through with other team members to ensure high quality and predictable delivery
- Deploy, manage and provide end to end support on CloudTrust tool chains
- Work with QA team to ensure minimal regressions and comprehensive customer-centric testing
- Investigate, design, and develop the features individually or with a small team
- Participate in internal/cross team meetings, scoping, decision making and technical documentation
- Assisting Development and product operations engineers with troubleshooting infrastructure issues
- 8+ years of software development, operations experience deploying and maintaining multi-tiered infrastructure and applications
- 3+ years of experience in public cloud services like AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Hands-on experience on any one programming language preferably python, ruby or Golang
- Knowledge on Linux system right from kernel and up.
- Automation friendly. If it can be codified, it can be automated
- Experience with Docker, Microservices and container deployment and service orchestration using Kubernetes, nomad or Azure container service
- Hands-on experience with hashicorp tool chains like consul, vault and terraform
- Experience with Metrics Collection tools like Sensu, Collectd
- Strong Object-Oriented Programming Skills. Good understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Experience working in highly distributed team
- Experience in Agile development methodologies and release management techniques
- Ability to continuously learn and make decisions with minimal supervision. You understand that making mistake means you are learning
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Traditional edge networking skills such as F5, Cisco, Juniper, BGP etc.
- Strong experience using automation to provisioning cloud network constructs such as virtual networks, security groups, cloud native load balancers, DNS, and VPNs
Keywords: Informatica, San Francisco , Principal Cloud DevOps Engineer/ Cloud Site Reliability Engineer, Professions , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!