Senior Sales Compensation Analyst
Company: New Relic
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: January 14, 2018
Senior Sales Compensation Analyst
San Francisco, CA
New Relic is looking for a Sr. Sales Compensation Analyst to design and deliver compelling sales compensation plans to our global sales organization. Working on the GTM Business Planning team, you will help drive incentive compensation plan design, sales performance and earnings reporting and analytics, and the communication of comp plans to our global sales team.
You are passionate about the power of data to yield high impact insights. You are motivated by the opportunity to steer business performance through well-designed sales compensation plans. You thrive in the role of trusted business partner to Sales, Finance, and People Operations/HR. And you can balance strategic thinking and analysis with the operational rigor necessary to keep a critical business process running efficiently and effectively.
- Manage the roster and sales comp plan assignments for our global sales organization, including all key plan design elements (on-target earnings, quotas, achievement tiers, commission rates, etc).
- Deliver the formal sales compensation plans to our salespeople for signature on a regular cadence.
- Maintain and evolve a core set of KPIs for sales performance to be reviewed by sales and finance executive leadership.
- Contribute analysis/insights to help evolve our sales compensation plan designs, policies, and/or resourcing and investment decisions.
Ideal skills and experience:
- 5+ years experience in sales compensation and/or similarly analytical functions (Sales/Business Operations, FP&A, Sales Strategy, etc).
- High level of comfort in owning and managing large and evolving data sets.
- Process-oriented mindset for orchestrating the collection of inputs from multiple upstream systems and delivery of accurate information to numerous downstream consumers.
- Honed communication skills when messaging comp plan designs out to the field as well as presenting data analysis and insights to the leadership team and internal business partners.
- Experience with Salesforce.com and Xactly Incent preferred but not required.
At New Relic, we hire people who are eager to contribute to our culture, and we empower them to do just that. We take pride in thinking beyond our day-to-day job descriptions, and encourage you to actively seek out opportunities to create the type of work environment that you want to be a part of. What does this look like in action? You should be ready to be a ---culture add--- to New Relic and spend -5% of your time finding meaningful ways to make this an even better place to work.
A little about us:
New Relic provides the real-time insights that software-driven businesses need to innovate faster. New Relic---s cloud platform makes every aspect of modern software and infrastructure observable, so companies can find and fix problems faster, build high-performing DevOps teams, and speed up transformation projects. Learn why more than 50% of the Fortune 100 trust New Relic at newrelic.com.
New Relic is a San Francisco Best Places to Work award winner, an Oregon ---Top Workplace--- award winner, named a leader in the Gartner---s 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016 ---Magic Quadrant--- for APM companies, a Top 100 OnDemand Company, Best of SaaS (THINKStrategies), Top 100 Coolest Cloud Computing (CRN); 10 Cloud Management Companies to Watch (NetworkWorld) --- the list of accolades goes on. More important than all of that: we provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move.
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc) -- all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up. We can help with relocation and are open to H1-B transfers.
New Relic is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note: Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accord with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Keywords: New Relic, San Francisco, Senior Sales Compensation Analyst, Professions, San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!