Company: Blew & Associates, P.A.
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Blew & Associates, P.A. is a premier national land surveying,
engineering and environmental firm with over 130 years of
experience in the industry. We are looking for a Survey Crew Chief
to fulfill the increasing needs of our clients in the San Francisco
region. Location is flexible to San Francisco and the greater
surrounding area. The candidate will be responsible for the survey
work preformed on-site in the field, as well as providing quality
control for survey deliverables.
Salary: $30-$45/ hour
- Responsible for collecting data to ensure completion of a
- Locating boundary, pins, improvements, utilities, etc. while
performing various project types including ALTA, boundary,
construction staking, and topographic surveys.
- Check and reduce raw field data, perform calculations, and
download/file survey data.
- Perform project research as needed.
- Follow instructions and work orders from project managers.
- Communicate daily with your Field Project Manager to confirm if
you are on track to complete your field schedule and informing them
when you are behind or ahead of schedule.
- Physical work environment demands:
- Ability to safely traverse and navigate rugged terrain in
- Ability to regularly work outside in all weather conditions
including extreme heat, cold, wet, and muddy conditions with
- Ability to transport heavy equipment to various job sites
(regularly lifting/moving up to 25 pounds, frequently
lifting/moving up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lifting/moving up
to 100 pounds).
- Ability to travel regionally and nationally often.
- Ability to work overtime including weekends as needed.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with clients,
contractors, and team members
- Ensure that projects are completed safely and efficiently,
adhering to project schedules and budgets
- Maintain survey equipment and troubleshoot issues that arise in
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Survey Crew Chief
- Strong understanding of surveying concepts and practices
- Proficient in the use of survey equipment such as total
stations, GPS receivers, and data collectors
- Familiarity with CAD software, specifically Carlson AutoCAD, is
a plus but not required
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a
focus on delivering high-quality work on time and within budget
- 100% coverage of health benefits including Medical and Dental
with optional family and/or dependent enrollment paid by employee
at a group rate
- 50% company contribution towards Vision coverage
- Tuition reimbursement (up to $5,250 per year)
- 401(k) matching program: company match 100% of your deferrals
up to 3% of your compensation, plus 50% of your deferrals over 3%
not exceeding 5% of your compensation
- 100% employer paid Short-Term Disability with employee buy up
- 100% employer paid Life Insurance Coverage with employee buy up
- Holiday pay
- Sick pay
- Paid vacations
- Paid parental leave
- Per diem for any overnight stay
- Overtime incentives
- Possible year-end bonuses based on performance and tenure
- Apparel allotments for boots and work attire
- Company Truck
- Company Paid Cell Phone
- Company Equipment
Keywords: Blew & Associates, P.A., San Francisco , Survey Technician, Professions , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!