Senior Maintenance Technician - $2,000 SIGN-ON BONUS
Location: Los Gatos
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Responsible for a wide range of duties and responsibilities in the
care of assets that represent a major investment by the company to
include, but not limited to:
- Independently performing and providing guidance to Maintenance
Technicians on the maintenance, repair, operation, and general
upkeep of properties ensuring all work is done safely and in
accordance with Welltower's Safety Policies.
- Responding to tenant service requests consistent with Welltower
Service Promise standards.
- Providing the Maintenance Operations and Real Estate Managers
with required updates and information that contribute to the
effective management of buildings and maintains a high level of
tenant satisfaction. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform service, troubleshooting, and repair of building
systems including HVAC, boilers, physical structures, plumbing,
electrical, and door hardware.
- Performs preventative maintenance tasks on building systems and
components including physical structures, plumbing, HVAC, and
- Responds to tenant requests regarding lighting, plumbing and
other building issues.
- Provide input to the Real Estate Manager on building budget as
related to maintenance and repair for the properties to which
- Participate in all workplace safety training and complies with
all Welltower safety procedures/practices and utilizes all safety
equipment as required. Identifies and immediately mitigates any
unsafe conditions/hazards and develops recommendations on how to
remove/safeguard the hazard.
- Works with sub-contractors and vendors as needed. Conduct
and/or assist in the supervision of all preventative maintenance
and scheduled inspections for the building systems for which
- Responsible for the accurate and timely completion of HVAC
system testing including and not limited to water treatment
- Assist other company departments as requested.
- Assist in responding to after-hours calls and emergency
situations and performing tasks necessary for the well-being and
protection of the property and occupants.
- May perform other duties as assigned by Manager. OTHER
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or
responsibilities that are required of this employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school education or GED required. EPA refrigerant
certification or the ability to become certified if required. Valid
drivers' license. HVAC certification or other Mechanical Trade
certifications may be required depending on assigned properties.
Meets company MV operator criteria. LENGTH/KIND OF EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of five (5) years hands-on maintenance experience of
commercial buildings is required in the installation, maintenance,
troubleshooting, and repair of building mechanical systems,
including HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems required.
- Prior experience working independently with little or no
supervision preferred. PERFORMANCE SKILLS:
- Good written/oral communication skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair electric, plumbing, HVAC,
building automation or energy management systems, door hardware,
and basic construction principals.
- Ability to read, understand, and utilize wiring diagrams,
schematics, drawings, and blueprints.
- Knowledge of refrigeration theory and practices. Understanding
and adoption of safe refrigerant use and handling practices.
- Ability and desire to learn.
- Computer literate.
- Proficient in the use of the computerized work order system and
other electronic Company specific programs.
- Ability to understand systems and perform operations in a
Medical Office or Commercial building.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision in a team
- Ability to assist and train other associates as needed.
- Ability to climb and work from ladders, man hoists or lifts,
and the ability to repeatedly lift and carry heavy loads (up to 50
- Proficient in the use of hand and small power tools.
- Ability and willingness to work safely in all weather
conditions and/or at all local market locations.
- Ability to perform on call duties as required.
- Ability to display a professional image and attitude.
- Ability to remain calm in an emergency situation.
- Ability to use good judgment and make sound decisions.
- Ability to track budgets and provide input on annual
- Ability to interact, coordinate, and manage outside vendors and
contractors. TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Good mechanical skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- HVAC repair and troubleshooting skills including heat pumps,
chillers, boilers, RTU, VAV.
- Plumbing repairs and troubleshooting skills to include copper
and PVC pipe repair and replacement.
- Electrical repair and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of BAS or EMS systems. Applicants must be able to
pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Travel Requirements related to essential functions (frequency,
- Must be able to work on-call when needed. Must be able to drive
to different site locations and to parts or supply houses. - 5% of
- Machines, tools, equipment and electronic devices required in
this job, explaining the purpose of each and the percentage of time
- Hand tools, including hand held power tools, used in the repair
and maintenance of building components and systems. Associates can
expect to use these tools 60%of the time.
- Adverse working conditions that an associate in this job would
be regularly (80% or more of work time) exposed to in the normal
course of the job (extreme noise, weather, hazards, fumes,
- Works inside and outside buildings. Works in various weather
conditions, with electricity, rotating equipment, heights, various
maintenance chemicals, i.e. paints, adhesives, solvents and water
- Physical effort required in performing daily duties, e.g. heavy
lifting, bending, climbing, etc.
- Ability and willingness to climb ladders and scaffolds. Ability
to repeated lift and carry heavy loads (up to 50 lbs.). Ability to
squat and/or bend. Ability to safely operate hand tools. WHAT WE
- Competitive Base Salary + Annual Bonus
- Generous Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Employer-matching 401(k) Program + Profit Sharing Program
- Student Debt Program - we'll contribute up to $10,000 towards
your student loans!
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program - purchase shares at a 15%
- Comprehensive and progressive Medical/Dental/Vision
- Summer Hours Program
- And much more! https://welltower.com/newsroom/careers/
Welltower, an S&P 500 company headquartered in Toledo, Ohio, is
driving the transformation of health care infrastructure. The
Company invests with leading seniors housing operators, post-acute
providers and health systems to fund the real estate and
infrastructure needed to scale innovative care delivery models and
improve people's wellness and overall health care experience.
Welltower, a real estate investment trust ("REIT"), owns interests
in properties concentrated in major, high-growth markets in the
United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, consisting of seniors
housing, post-acute communities and outpatient medical properties.
More information is available at www.welltower.com
Welltower is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse
workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our
people. EOE/AA. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Welltower, San Francisco , Senior Maintenance Technician - $2,000 SIGN-ON BONUS, Professions , Los Gatos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...