Location: San Francisco
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Varo is an entirely new kind of bank. All digital,
mission-driven, FDIC insured and designed for the way our customers
live their lives. A bank for all of us.
What you'll be doing
- Develop new data driven rules that optimize decisioning
performance between Member experience and fraud prevention
- Work with external fraud prevention vendors to optimize their
performance and assist in maintaining, design and implementation of
existing and new fraud detection tools.
- Aggregate and Analyze internal and external risk datasets to
understand performance of fraud decisioning and granular
performance of multiple decision methods
- Find insights from risk data sets to improve fraud strategies
- Participate in regular review of activities involving different
- Able to lead fraud/risk investigations for both simple and
complex cases to successful conclusion and mark false positives and
false negative cases
- Complete investigation of customers and transactions flagged by
the Bank's automated monitoring system(s), manual reports, and/or
- Define, implement and manage rule rationalization and
- Review work of other analysts and provide guidance and
You'll bring the following required skills and experiences
- 3-5 years of fraud, risk, compliance, or operations experience
focused on the investigation and resolution of financial crimes;
experience working at a FinTech or start-up is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of financial products, including ACH, RDC,
debit cards, credit cards, lending products, and deposit
- Knowledge of fraud management systems such as Falcon, RSM,
JackHenry, Iovation, Threat metrics, Verafin, Feedzai etc.
- Deep understanding of the financial fraud space
- Experience creating and optimizing fraud prevention rules and
- Expert level SQL and data analysis skills
- Knowledge of a scripting programming language such as
- Strong BI and analytics skills and knowledge of tools such as
SQL/Athena Rule rationalization and governance
- Coaching and mentoring other analysts
We recognize not everyone will have all of these requirements. If
you meet most of the criteria above and you're excited about the
opportunity and willing to learn, we'd love to hear from you.
Varo launched in 2017 with the vision to bring the best of fintech
into the regulated banking system. We're a new kind of bank - all
digital, mission-driven, FDIC-insured, and designed around the
modern American consumer.
As the first consumer fintech to be granted a national bank charter
in 2020, we make financial inclusion and opportunity for all a
reality by empowering everyone with the products, insights, and
support they need to get ahead. Through our core product offerings
and suite of customer-first features, we aim to address a broad
range of consumer needs while profitably serving underserved
communities that have been historically excluded from the
traditional financial system.
We are growing quickly in our hub locations of San Francisco, Salt
Lake City, and Charlotte along with colleagues located across the
country. We have been recognized among Fast Company's Most
Innovative Companies, Forbes' Fintech 50, and earned the No. 7 spot
on Inc. 5000's list of fastest-growing companies across the
Varo. A bank for all of us.
Our Core Values
- Customers First
- Take Ownership
- Stay Curious
- Make it Better
Varo is an equal opportunity employer. Varo embraces diversity and
we are committed to building teams that represent a variety of
backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All applicants will be
considered for employment without attention to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, veteran or disability status.
Learn more about Varo by following us:
Engineering Blog -
Beware of fraudulent job postings!
Varo will never ask for payment to process documents, refer you to
a third party to process applications or visas, or ask you to pay
costs. Never send money to anyone suggesting they can provide work
with Varo. If you suspect you have received a phony offer, please
e-mail email@example.com with the pertinent information and
CCPA Notice at Collection for California Employees and
Keywords: Varo, San Francisco , Fraud Analyst, Professions , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!