Operations Coordinator - BSF
Company: GOLDEN GATE UNIVERSITY
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job DetailsJob LocationSan Francisco - San Francisco, CAPosition
TypeFull TimeEducation LevelHigh SchoolPosition Title: Operations
CoordinatorDepartment Name: Business Services & FacilitiesPosition
Reports To: Operations ManagerFLSA STATUS: SalariedBenefits: The
University's comprehensive benefits programDays & Hours: Wednesday
through Sunday, 37.5 hours per week. Standard work schedule is 8:00
am to 4:30 PM, may be adjusted. Flexible schedule may require
non-routine hours during peak periods.BASIC FUNCTION AND SCOPE OF
JOB:This position assists with a wide variety of tasks throughout
the department. This encompasses: routine administrative
activities; creating and assigning work orders, helping to maintain
and organize furniture and equipment to include insuring that the
classrooms, storage areas, lobbies and other common areas are
properly configured; leading cleaning projects, performing minor
office moves and post-move adjustments; and assisting with the
recycling, monitoring and assisting housekeeping staff, Safety and
Security, maintaining building entry protocols at the ID Check
Desk, and Information Desk operations, performing shipping and
receiving functions to include processing incoming and outgoing
U.S. mail and commercial shipments; and other duties as
- Perform routine administrative tasks in support of housekeeping
operations to include maintaining cleaning schedules, overseeing
and assisting disinfection activities, equipment, and documentation
for disinfected areas, disinfected equipment and furniture.
- Ensure that all classrooms, lecture halls, lounges, common-area
spaces are properly configured. Perform room set-ups and re-sets as
- Ensure that the department equipment remains operational and
that the facilities are kept in a safe and clean condition. Report
malfunctions, and make sure that the repairs are completed and
documented. Maintain and replenish all Mail room forms and
- Assist at the Customer Service Center, respond to questions,
process mail and handle other requests and service activities.
- Assist at the Information Desk to answer in-coming calls and
route callers, direct people to on-site locations and appointments,
and communicating with the housekeeping and security
- Assist at the ID Check Desk to validate everyone who enters the
- Monitor, keep track of, the supplies inventory, and assist with
cleaning activities to include floor care and carpet cleaning.
- Operate mail processing equipment. Assist with delivery of
outgoing mail and packages to the nearby USPS locations, print
shops, and shipping services.
- Provide backup assistance throughout the department to include
Safety and Security, opening and closing the building, and
information desk duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Education requirement:
- Completion of at least the equivalent of the 12th grade.
Additional trade or technical coursework emphasizing any of the
building trades (carpentry, electrical, HVAC, life-safety,
plumbing, etc.) is desirable. Any combination of experience and
training that would likely provide the required knowledge and
abilities qualified. Prior work experience at a college or
university is desirable. Trade-technical licensing and CPR
certification are desirable.
- Years of experience:
- 3 years of facility related work, or in an office building, or
similar type of work is preferred
- Knowledge of:
- Possess sound knowledge of facility operations to include:
housekeeping, the phone system, life-safety, plumbing, security and
other building systems; preventative maintenance requirements and
programs; utility operations and conservation measures; recycling;
and all related code, permit and licensing requirements.
- Proper handling of cleaning solutions, sanitation, cleaning
equipment - manual and electrical equipment, flooring upkeep.
- Havea well-rounded knowledge or experience in any of the
following areas: carpentry, electrical, HVAC, life-safety, painting
& trim, plumbing, or other related building systems.
- Direct job-related requirements:
- Must be able to use a computer and internet, read and reply to
emails, word processing software such as Microsoft Word and email,
and online applications for real-time communication for meetings,
status reports, and appointments.
- Must be able to create and assign work orders and use operating
instructions. Basic Excel experience is desirable.
- Must be able to train and instruct others for the use of
equipment for housekeeping and related activities and
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively orally and
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend and walk for extended periods,
and climb up-and-down ladders, scaffolding, and stairwells.
- Must be able to lift and move heavy objects (up to 150 pounds)
using carts and hand-trucks.
- Must be able to properly operate a wide variety of equipment
related to general maintenance work for the upkeep of the building
walls, carpets, flooring, tile, motorized hand-trucks and
- Must be a licensed driver in the state of California, comply
with the university driver authorization requirements, and adhere
to the provisions of the motor vehicle code.
- Must be available to work varied hours (to include evenings,
weekends, and holidays) depending on operational needs.
- Skills and abilities:
- Possess a high level of responsibility, confidentiality,
ability to be self-directed
- Be able extrapolate and apply information from multiple
- Have the ability to identify potential problems, develop
solutions and project the consequences of actions taken.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within
the department and throughout the organization.
- Must possess superb customer-service skills. Supplemental
InformationTo apply: Please go to http://www.ggu.edu/jobs to submit
an application, letter of interest, and a resume.In applying for a
position, candidates sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry
which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a
third-party background check.Golden Gate University is an equal
employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence
and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for
all.University policy prohibits discrimination based on race,
color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sexual
orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental
disability, gender stereotyping, and gender identity, taking a
protected leave (e.g., family medical or pregnancy leave), or on
any other basis protected by applicable laws.The University has a
strong commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion, and
to maintaining working and learning environments that reinforces
these practices. The University welcomes and encourages
applications from all especially women, minorities, people of
color, veterans, persons with disabilities, and members of the
Keywords: GOLDEN GATE UNIVERSITY, San Francisco , Operations Coordinator - BSF, Professions , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!