Controls Testing Analyst III
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who We Are
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we're changing the way people think
about and interact with personal finance.
We're a next-generation fintech company using innovative,
mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their
goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented
transformation, and we're at the forefront. We're proud to come to
work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on
people's lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the
way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial
The Control Testing Analyst is responsible for working closely with
various SoFi business partners and/or control owners to execute
control testing and deliver results within a timely manner. This
person will execute tests of design and operating effectiveness
testing, including transactional testing across SoFi's in-scope
business processes. This person will also be responsible for
collaborating with the various control owners to understand
processes, identify additional potential risk and determine
controls to implement. The Control Testing Analyst will partner
with issue manager (s) to build out appropriate milestones, owners,
and timelines for identified issues via the control testing
Additionally, this role will partner with the Control Testing
Manager to ensure the business units have a sustainable and
effective end-to-end control environment by identifying gaps in
existing processes to reduce errors and look for opportunities to
create better controls with the process.
What You'll Do
- Execute Design (DE) and Operating Effectiveness (OE) testing
across the various SoFi business processes.
- Create and maintain adequate testing support documentation such
as workpapers, testing reports, etc. to support the results of
reviews including the write-up of findings/issues for
- Evaluate control testing documentation, reports, data, etc. and
determine compliance with policies and procedures.
- Follow standardized procedures and templates.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal
business partners to execute work and fulfill control testing
- Drive accountability with control owners to ensure timely test
- Prepare and present testing results and conduct the follow-up
to monitor agreed upon activities, including re-performance testing
- Act as an objective source of independent advice and partner
with control owners to discuss control testing results and
- Advise management of any recurring test failures to ensure
prompt corrective actions.
- Work independently on a range of complex tests, which may
include unique controls.
- Assist in the implementation of new controls and updating
existing controls and the relevant documetnation.
- Supports change management of varying scope and type; tasks
will typically focus on execution and sustainment activities.
- Continually evaluate the environment for opportunities to
proactively manage risk and improve processes based on observation,
reviews, and feedback.
- Ad-hoc responsibilities to support the Business Controls and
Control Testing programs.
What You'll Need
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in risk management and/or
control testing in financial services and/or banking operating
- Minimum 4 years of experience in controls testing, quality
control roles, or other complimentary capacities within the
financial services industry.
- Minimum of 3+ years of IT Auditing and/or Internal Control
Testing related experience
- Working knowledge of IT General Controls (ITGC) and IT
Application Controls (ITAC)
- Working knowledge and testing experience related to data,
automated controls and system generated reports:
- Data - Management relies on an application system or data
warehouse to process or maintain data
- Automated Controls - Management relies on the application
system to perform certain automated functions that are relevant to
- System-Generated Reports - Management relies on an application,
data warehouse query, or report writer to generate a report that is
used in the operation of relevant controls.
- Scope of experience should include risk identification,
mitigation and control assessments as well as writing test scripts,
transactional testing and documenting results.
- Technical control testing proficiency and risk acumen.
- Working knowledge in operational risk and controls testing,
relevant industry regulations and standard industry processes.
- Results oriented, problem-solving skills, and attention to
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability
to communicate via Zoom meetings.
- Ability to balance multiple critical priorities
- Experience in highly-matrixed, fast paced environments.
- Self-starter with the strong ability to work independently with
- Fluent in Excel and Powerpoint, comfortable with analyzing
large datasets in Google Suite, MS Office applications, etc.
- A Bachelor's Degree or 6 years of relevant experience, or
equivalent work experience.
Why You'll Love Working Here
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth
parental support, subsidized gym program
- These benefits are only applicable to full time employees
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees
and applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex
(including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions,
breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender,
gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age
(40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition,
marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual
orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status,
or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal
The health and safety of our employees and their families is our
top priority. Due to the ongoing nature of the COVID-19 pandemic,
effective on November 1, 2021, U.S. employees must be fully
vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) to work from any of our
offices, travel for business or attend work-related meetings.
The company will make reasonable accommodations when possible for
employees who are unable to be vaccinated because of a disability,
pregnancy, sincerely held religious belief, or for other legally
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will
consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and
New York applicants: Notice of Employee Rights
SoFi is committed to embracing diversity. As part of this
commitment, SoFi offers reasonable accommodations to candidates
with physical or mental disabilities. If you need accommodations to
participate in the job application or interview process, please let
your recruiter know or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to insurance coverage issues, we are unable to accommodate
remote work from Hawaii or Alaska at this time.
Keywords: SoFi, San Francisco , Controls Testing Analyst III, Professions , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!