Security Alarm Technician
Company: Interface Security Systems
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Join Our Growing Team! Interface is seeking an experienced
Security Alarm Technician. In this position, you will perform
surveys and assist in troubleshooting and maintaining Fire Systems,
Burglar Alarms, VoIP Systems, TCP/IP Networks, Video Surveillance
Security, Access Control & Wireless solutions. As a Security Alarm
Technician, you will be responsible for installing and servicing,
key and PBX systems, security and video surveillance systems,
wireless devices, and cable pathways. This will also include
installing various electronic components and cables including
terminating, testing, labeling, and documenting horizontal,
backbone & other cables. Interface offers a dynamic,
performance-oriented work culture with a strong emphasis on
collaboration. Our team is driven by a shared passion for sustained
excellence and where every member plays a critical role in
achieving success. Interface offers a competitive compensation
package with excellent benefits that include medical, dental,
vision, 401(k), paid time off, and much more. Specific duties for
this Security Alarm Technician role include, but are not limited
- Install and repair fire and burglar alarm systems, both
commercial and residential.
- Work in the field with the most efficient methods to solve
- Customer training as needed.
- Maintain acceptable and accurate inventory levels by conducting
physical inventory counts.
- Verify and submit all documentation for inventoried items
according to company policy.
- Install twisted pair, coax, power limited tray, stranded, solid
conductor low voltage, single-mode fiber optical, and multi-mode
fiber optical cables.
- Replace, service, and perform new wiring installs, UPS battery
tests, network cable runs.
- Dress and route cable into telecom closets, modular furniture,
and other work area outlets.
- Firestopping various types of cable penetrations.
- Understand, adhere to, and promote the Environmental and Health
& Safety policies of AFL Telecoms.
- Interface with customer contacts on projects and work
- Interface with the end-user and coordinate with vendors for
- Hands-on field interaction with customers at the site
- The position is full-time and includes rotating 24/7 on-call
- High School Diploma or GED; Vocational/Technical/Business
School, strongly preferred.
- Valid driver's license.
- NICET CERTIFICATION IS A PLUS.
- Verifiable field experience.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Solid comprehension of the terminology about the installation
and service of telecom, data, security, and wireless systems.
- Solid Comprehension of the publications about standard telecom,
data, security, and wireless systems practices, engineering, and
Federal, State, and local safety standards.
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to pass applicable state and federal background checks
to become a registered security installer.
- Comfortable using small hand tools and power tools.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States of
- Physical demands include:
- Finger and wrist dexterity and hand/eye coordination.
- Heavy physical effort.
- Climbing stairs, ladders, and/or scaffolds.
- Ability to work from heights such as man lifts, scissor lifts,
and rooftops utilizing proper fall protection.
- Carrying loads up and downstairs.
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Exposure to noisy or dusty conditions; chemicals & solvents;
mechanical, electrical, and/or other hazards.
- Schedule flexibility and willingness to travel overnight About
Interface Founded in 1995, Interface helps consumer-facing,
multi-location enterprises accelerate digital transformation by
delivering next-generation business security, networking, and
business intelligence services. By employing the brightest minds in
the industry, Interface delivers innovative solutions built using
cutting-edge technologies with a focus on superior customer
experience. Many of the nation's leading consumer brands across
retail, restaurants, financial services, and hospitality industries
rely on Interface to thrive and grow. Interface Security Systems is
committed to building a better future by delivering relentless
support to our customers, caring for our employees, and giving back
to our communities. If you are on a quest to find a meaningful
career, Interface is the place where you can make an impact and see
how teamwork and our culture of excellence can create great
outcomes. Apply today, see what's possible. Equal Employment
Opportunity Policy Interface Security Systems provides equal
employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This
policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including
recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and
Keywords: Interface Security Systems, San Francisco , Security Alarm Technician, Professions , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!