Operator Technician II
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Job Summary: (including but not limited to the following; other
duties may be assigned):
Responsible for start, stop and monitoring of equipment including
reading gauges and meters and recording activities in operating
logs and records. Uses computers and monitoring equipment to
measure, record and make adjustments within operating parameters.
Performs a variety of plant maintenance tasks including diagnosis,
maintenance and repair of mechanical and electrical equipment in a
safe, efficient and economical manner. Performs overhaul
maintenance and system improvement tasks. Performs chemical
analysis and chemical control on steam, cooling and condensate
systems, and maintains chemistry logs. Incumbents assist in the
development of standard operational procedures and provide input to
plant betterment items to improve plant efficiency, reliability and
safety. Ensures compliance with all local, State and Federal
regulations and plant procedures. Regularly required to maintain
plan security, operate heavy equipment such as manlifts and
forklifts, and handle and transfer bulk chemicals.
* Journey-level; specialized technical knowledge with function.
* Performs a variety of technical service/support duties that are
semi-routine in nature.
* Routine and non-routine decisions with some latitude, but still
subject to approval.
* With limited guidance, prioritizes and executes responsibilities
effectively for a single trade, group of related tasks or
* Work periodically reviewed by others; work reflects solid
performance of duties.
* Errors have small and possibly incremental impact on department
or facility, and discovered in succeeding operations where work is
verified or checked.
* Completes tasks and resolves problems that require an ability to
recognize deviation from accepted practices.
* Resolves most questions and problems, and refers only the most
complex issues to higher levels.
* Works under general supervision.
* Prioritizes daily activities to complete tasks/projects assigned
* May assist with orienting and training employees in moderately
complex to complex areas.
* High School Diploma, degree from technical/vocational school,
military service or equivalent.
* Journey-level; generally 6 years directly related experience
including understanding of health and safety regulations, and
previous experience working with and around hazardous energy,
chemicals and waste materials including knowledge of safe handling,
storage, and transport.
* Requires previous experience using test equipment and calibration
appliances. Experience with machinery repair and control
* Strong mechanical aptitude and basic understanding of chemistry,
physics, electricity and mathematics.
* Basic certifications/licensures. Valid state driver's
Vaccination Information: Calpine requires an individual who is
newly hired into this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 within
the first 28 days of employment - if not already vaccinated prior
to starting employment. If you have any concerns regarding
compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your
concerns with Calpine's HR department after a decision has been
made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of
employment. Calpine does not require applicants to discuss
vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of
employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring
reasonable accommodation.Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities,
Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Calpine is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing
reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental
disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and
need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or
to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to
email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable
accommodation are made on case-by-case basis.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by
Send This Job to a Friend
Keywords: Calpine, San Francisco , Operator Technician II, Professions , Coyote, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!