Revenue Cycle Analyst
Company: Mission Neighborhood Health Center
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The Revenue Cycle Analyst is responsible for supporting the
revenue cycle functions of Mission Neighborhood Health Center. The
Revenue Cycle Analyst position will partner with the billing
manager, billing team and other stakeholders across the revenue
cycle path to identify and analyze the root causes of user and
system issues regarding eligibility verification, provider
enrollment, customer service, and billing denials, develop
efficient workflows, and implement technology solutions within the
revenue cycle's operating systems.
S/he will be well-versed in healthcare revenue cycle positions
within registration, scheduling, billing, cash application or
denial management, and experienced in the healthcare reimbursement
process. Also, in support of the billing manager, work collectively
with the finance team to ensure timely accurate financial reporting
and financial analyses for the leadership team's effective decision
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
The Revenue Cycle Analyst has the following responsibilities and
- Meets regularly and work with Revenue Cycle team to address
reimbursement and data needs while recommending target areas for
- Reviews, modifies, and recommends changes to policies and
procedures to improve Accounts Receivables Days.
- Performs ongoing trend analysis of payer rejections and
denials. Supports the billing manger to perform proactive review of
all recommended AR write-offs.
- Analyzes workflow and operational procedures to identify
opportunities for improved reimbursement, develops and implements
policies and procedures with leadership to ensure all
services/charges are captured, recorded, processed, and billed in
an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of insurance billing
procedures to understand the reason for claims in HOLD and OVERPAID
status to ensure resolution and timely payment.
- With the billing manager gathers and analyzes denial
information and identifies commonalities among denial reasons.
Based on this data, creates training presentations for clinic
leadership for overall reduction in denials and/or process
- Educate and communicate revenue cycle/financial information to
patients, payers, co-workers, managers, and others as necessary to
ensure accurate processes.
- Assists the billing manager in training new providers and
patient services staff.
- Supports billing department functions including electronic
charge capture, payment posting, and accounts follow up as directed
by the billing manager.
- Liaison between revenue cycle operations, IT, finance, and
various MNHC departments.
- Supports the billing manager on monthly and other billing
department reporting activities.
- Supports the billing manager on implementing and monitoring
quality assurance programs.
The Revenue Cycle Analyst should have the following skills,
education and experience:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in
healthcare revenue cycle-related concentration, healthcare finance,
- 3 years healthcare revenue cycle-related experience.
- Knowledge of health care industry, in particular an
understanding of FQHC operations, including governmental payor
billing, operating principles, guidelines, and bylaws.
- Knowledge of revenue cycle processes, payor billing, denials
management and reporting.
- Knowledge of specialized reporting requirements and procedures
in the preparation of accounting records and financial
- Ability to compile and analyze data and prepare summary status
reports based on the data utilizing automated systems, databases,
spreadsheets, and word processing programs.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exemplary communications skills (active listening, written &
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Utilized EMR/EMP software, preferably NextGen or Epic.
Who We Are: The Mission Neighborhood Health Center (MNHC) is a
non-profit, multi-site community health organization offering
comprehensive health services in the Mission and Excelsior
Districts of San Francisco. We offer primary health care services
including adult medicine, pediatrics, behavioral health, family
planning, OB/GYN, HIV, homeless services, optometry and dental
services. We advocate for health equity and deliver innovative,
high quality services responsive to the neighborhoods and diverse
communities we serve with a focus on the Latino Spanish-Speaking
- Medical Insurance - MNHC pays 90-100% based on plan
- Dental and Vision Insurance - free to employee
- Flex Spend Accts for health & dependent care expenses
- Life Insurance - free basic policy plus voluntary option
- Vacation - 2 weeks (3 weeks after 5 yrs; 4 weeks after 8
- 12 Paid Holidays plus your birthday and 12 Sick Days each
- 40 hours Paid Educational Leave
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Contribution
Keywords: Mission Neighborhood Health Center, San Francisco , Revenue Cycle Analyst, Professions , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!