Shipping & Receiving Specialist
Company: Just For All
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: November 22, 2021
As our Shipping and Receiving Specialist, you will be
responsible for the smooth, efficient, and seamless operations of
shipping and receiving. Our ideal fit will be a go-getter with
excellent time management skills and able to multi-task and think
quickly on their feet, while making safety the number one priority.
This person will work closely and collaboratively with the larger
Facilities team, as well as cross-functional stakeholders, striving
to continuously improve the daily operations at headquarters.
Roles & Responsibilities
* Manage daily shipping and receiving operations of Eat Just
Headquarters in San Francisco;
* Work closely with larger Facilities Team and cross-functional
stakeholders to enable measured and controlled receipt and shipment
of incoming and outgoing goods based on business demands;
* Track and report on Shipping and Receiving operations;
communicate and escalate needs to respective stakeholders;
* Maintain and author (as necessary) shipping and receiving
processes and associated documentation such as procedures, shipment
documents and key metrics adhering to DOT and HAZMAT regulations as
* Proactively identify and implement shipping and receiving
process, safety and compliance improvements aligned with company
* Streamline processes, seek continuous improvement for shipping
and receiving and general workplace operations (especially
* Support general warehouse logistics including forklift operation,
material handling, inventory, and material tracking;
* Cross-train and provide backup support for other facilities team
members such as lab operations and safety initiatives.
What you'll bring
Education & Experience
* High School or equivalent required;
* 2+ years experience in Shipping and Receiving operations
(domestic and international);
* Experience in biotechnology, or similar industry experience
* Experience with hazardous waste handling.
Skills & Qualifications
* Eager and able to learn;
* Good organizational skills; good sense of judgement and
* Excellent project and time management skills; ability to
multi-task, prioritize and think on your feet!
* Knowledge of Import and Export licensing and customs clearance
both in requirements and issue resolution;
* Familiarity with laboratory consumables and reagent handlings;
understanding of cold sensitive lab materials handlings;
* DOT and Hazmat certified;
* Forklift certified, preferred can provide onsite training and
* Valid Driver's License;
* Ability to pass a standard background check.
Additional Information & Requirements
* This is a full-time role based out of our Headquarters in San
Francisco, CA. Scheduled work will primarily be during normal
business hours however there may be a need to respond to after
hours, weekends, and holiday needs.
* The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
* Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment,
subject to accommodation as required by law
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk or hear. The employee must be able to
lift up to 50 pounds and is frequently required to work standing
for extended periods of time as well as climb stairs/ladders and
elevated work platforms.
* In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be
required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United
States and to complete the required employment eligibility
verification form upon hire.
* Eat Just, Inc. participates in E-Verify and will provide the
Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the
Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each
new employees Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Who we are
Eat Just is a food technology company with a mission to build a
healthier, safer and more sustainable food system in our lifetimes.
The company's expertise, from functionalizing plant proteins to
culturing animal cells, is powered by a world-class team of
scientists and chefs spanning more than a dozen research
disciplines. Eat Just created America's fastest-growing egg brand,
which is made entirely of plants, and the world's first-to-market
meat made from animal cells instead of slaughtered livestock. The
company has been recognized as one of Fast Company's "Most
Innovative Companies," Entrepreneur's "100 Brilliant Companies,"
CNBC's "Disruptor 50" and a World Economic Forum Technology
Pioneer. JUST Egg has been named among Popular Science's "100
Greatest Innovations" and Fast Company's "World Changing Ideas" and
the history-making debut of GOOD Meat was heralded as one of 2020's
top scientific breakthroughs by The Guardian, Vox and WIRED.
For more information on JUST Egg, visit https://ju.st.
For more information on GOOD Meat, visit http://goodmeat.co.
Keywords: Just For All, San Francisco , Shipping & Receiving Specialist, Professions , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!