Principal Regulatory Analyst
Company: PG&E Corporation
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Requisition ID # 120001Job Category : Government and Regulatory
RelationsJob Level : Manager/PrincipalBusiness Unit: Energy Policy
& ProcurementDepartment Overview:The Core Gas Supply Department
(CGS) procures and manages natural gas supplies, transportation and
storage for Pacific Gas and Electric Company's Core (residential
and small commercial) customers. CGS strives to ensure reliable gas
supplies while minimizing costs where performance is measured
through its annual Core Procurement Incentive Mechanism (CPIM)
which benchmarks actual portfolio costs against a set of industry
indices. CGS comprises an exciting and fast paced team which offers
many learning opportunities through exposure to Regulatory approval
process, Asset Acquisition, Trading, Portfolio Planning and
Analytics, Risk and Compliance, and Reporting.Position Summary:
Principal Natural Gas Regulatory Analyst.The CGS Natural Gas
Regulatory Principal provides professional regulatory analysis and
leads a variety of issues which impact the cost of gas paid by
PG&E on behalf of its residential and small commercial (Core)
gas customers and impacts PG&E's gas cost recovery under its
CPIM. The successful candidate will develop and advance initiatives
and positions in regulatory proceedings before the California
Public Utilities Commission (CPUC), the Federal Energy Regulatory
Commission (FERC), and the Canadian Energy Regulator (CER). The
Principal Analyst will also approve regulatory compliance reports
to the CPUC, as well as represent CGS in varied forums and
meeting.RESPONSIBILITIESRegulatory Filing and Relations* Lead
interdepartmental and intercompany teams to represent PG&E in
pipeline regulatory matters and rate case proceedings before the
Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Canada's Energy Regulator,
the California Public Utilities Commission, and other regulatory
bodies as needed.
* Approves and may sponsor testimony addressing asset holdings,
purchasing strategies, and cost recovery, and testify in regulatory
hearings in support of CGS positions (i.e., PG&E Rate Case
* Effectively influence regulatory stakeholders to provide an
environment that supports reliability and cost savings for our
customers and/or operational efficiencies for PG&E.
* Lead and strengthen existing relationships and develop new
relationships with both regulators and natural gas market
* Support regulatory initiatives and filings related to the
Biomethane Procurement Program.
* Approves compliance reports to the CPUC, including monthly and
annual CPIM Reports.
* Negotiate with external parties to reach settlement on issues and
proposals that are part of regulatory proceedings.
* Ensure compliance with all policies, regulations, and
* Support negotiation of pipeline and storage contracts, manage
regulatory outreach and obtain regulatory approvals.
* Provide regulatory perspective and leadership to enable CGS to
remain a reliable and low-cost gas supplier.
* Integrate asset and portfolio strategies into regulatory
analysis, strategies and regulatory filings.
* Represent PG&E in public when required, communicating
PG&E's positions clearly and persuasively.Leadership
* Actively informs management regarding regulatory developments
including meeting outcomes, proposed regulations and timing of key
* Provide work direction to team members.
* Coach and mentor department employees.
QUALIFICATIONSRequired:* Bachelor's degree; or four years
equivalent experience required.
* Requires a minimum of eight years of utility or relevant industry
* 10 years of energy experience, including regulatory analysis and
representation before regulatory agencies including the CPUC, FERC,
and the CER.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously to meet
deadlines in a time-sensitive environment.
* Natural gas or electric portfolio experience
* Experience in leadership or leading teams
Keywords: PG&E Corporation, San Francisco , Principal Regulatory Analyst, Professions , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!