Business Analyst III
Company: CTI Education Group
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Job Description - Business Analyst III (21010306) Job
Description Business Analyst III - ( 21010306 ) Description Job
Summary The Business Analyst III is the liaison among stakeholders
in order to elicit, analyze, communicate, and validate requirements
for changes to business processes, policies, and possibly
information systems. The Business Analyst III understands and
analyzes business processes and opportunities in the context of the
requirements and recommends solutions that enable the organization
to achieve its goals. The incumbent must clearly understand project
change management and how the role plays a key piece in the change
management process. The incumbent must also be able to fulfill
basic project management responsibilities throughout project
lifecycle. Primary Responsibilities
- Independently initiates, identifies and coordinates the
analysis of business needs in project areas.
- Interfaces or liaison between business owners/users and
development project teams to determine, communicate and validate
- Supports projects by understanding business needs,
opportunities, problems, impacts, risks, and presents and agrees to
- Understands, gathers, and defines requirements of all types,
and documents with process flows and diagrams.
- Writes detailed business requirements, functional
specifications and, when involved in project teams using an
iterative development methodology.
- Identifies and communicates requirement/scope issues.
- Ties the strategic objectives to the project and quickly
demonstrates a detailed understanding of the business, and be able
to help determine solutions to problems.
- Identifies opportunities for increasing business efficiency
through improved manual and automated process systems.
- Understands business processes and products for assigned
business functions and the relationships between those processes
and information systems, including the impact of system changes to
- Determines the impact of system change to the business and vice
- Builds consensus among stakeholders, often recapping direction
and decisions made.
- Applies logic to conflict management and issues.
- Maintains user confidence and protects operations by keeping
- Supports a variety of applications, sites, and
- Assists in facilitating User Acceptance Testing o derive test
strategy in creating and reviewing test cases.
- Communicates risks and ensures understanding of these
- Provides on-going project management and status reporting at
- Creates and maintains project schedules by developing project
plans and functional specifications, estimating time requirements,
establishing deadlines, monitoring milestone completion, and
tracking all phases of the project lifecycle.
- Provides timely reporting of issues that impact project
progress, coordinating actions, and resolving conflicts.
- Conducts project meetings with project team(s) regularly to
review project deliverables and deadlines.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Qualifications Any
combination of relevant education and experience and/or related
professional designations/certifications in this field is highly
- Minimum Required: BS/BA degree or equivalent business and
technical experience Experience
- 5+ years of experience in Business Analysis and Project
- Must have strong analytical skills and be able to work under
- Ability to anticipate and resolve problems.
- Ability to work with multi-location resources.
- Experience as an effective and highly contributing team member
- Demonstrated track record of assisting others, meeting assigned
- Demonstrated ability to analyze technical and/or functional
- Demonstrated ability to create solutions and ideas that add
- Ability to communicate technical subject matter to
- Provide insight to business team regarding technical
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills;
demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and
business issues and solutions.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to organize work,
establish realistic goals and deadlines, and execute the plan.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple and changing
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office applications, including
MS Visio and MS Project.
- Ability to negotiate with business users and IT personnel
across departments to agree on the best solution for all
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Strong knowledge of Oracle GL, AP systems.
- Knowledge of iterative development methodologies,
- Project management or development lead experience,
- Experience working in Salesforce, preferred.
Keywords: CTI Education Group, San Francisco , Business Analyst III, Professions , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!