Cell Site Engineer
Company: Verizon Communications
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Join Verizon as we continue to grow our industry-leading network
to improve the ways people, businesses, and things connect. Verizon
is positioned to lead the "Fourth Industrial Revolution" (4IR) with
the emergence of technologies like our outstanding 5G network and
the Internet of Things (IoT) to impact a wide variety of industries
such as healthcare, education, manufacturing, public safety,
government, and many others. We are in the midst of historic
breakthroughs in connectivity and mobility to blend the physical
and the digital through ground breaking technologies such as
virtual reality, augmented reality, artificial intelligence,
autonomous vehicles, nanotechnologies, 3D printing, wearables, and
advanced robotics. As part of this team, you will play a critical
role in our network transformation through building a unified
network across all lines of business and maintaining the technology
that keeps millions of our customers connected. As a Cell Site
Engineer, you'll be out in the field keeping our facilities and
equipment in top form by maintaining several locations in your
assigned area. You'll be doing regular maintenance, keeping
inventories, doing audits, and maintaining and upgrading cell sites
or installations. You'll also be evaluating our network coverage
and finding ways to make it even better.
- Performing optimization, troubleshooting, and maintenance of
base station equipment, RF transmitters, and Fiber network.
- Testing the fiber network and integrating network hardware to
bring new products on-air and improve customer experience.
- Evaluating network coverage to find gaps, making
recommendations to improve coverage, and helping to implement those
- Conducting routine, preventative maintenance on assigned cell
sites to identify potential issues during general site
- Complying with company- and industry-wide standard directives
to maintain network performance and improve efficiency. Physical
requirements of the job may include, but are not limited to:
climbing stairs and ladders, working from elevated areas, lifting
and carrying objects weighing up to approximately 65 pounds,
pushing, pulling, grasping, twisting/bending, and crawling,
squatting, or kneeling in small spaces. What we're looking for...
You're tech savvy and proficient in all things telecommunications.
Working independently suits you well. You're also detailed,
vigilant, and on top of the details-someone people count on to
solve problems and to make sure they don't happen in the first
place. You'll need to have:
- Associate's degree or two or more years of work
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job, with or
without a reasonable accommodation.
- Valid driver's license. Even better if you have:
- A technical degree in Electronics or Telecommunications.
- Experience troubleshooting antenna systems from transmitter to
antenna using tools like a spectrum analyzer.
- Expertise in PIM/VSWR/MIMO/RET including knowledge of fiber and
LTE remote radio heads.
- Electronics training in telecommunications, two-way radio,
paging, or microwave radio.
- Training in data communications, digital communications,
operating systems and applications, computer support, scripting,
project management, or power.
- Experience with Lucent, Motorola, Nokia, Samsung, or Ericsson,
base station equipment with LTE or CDMA technology.
- Telecom experience such as T1, DACS, or OMP.
- Experience with dark and lit fiber testing using equipment such
as OTDR, fiberscope.
- Computer support experience, including troubleshooting PC
hardware and configurations.
- Power experience such as Galaxy, Lorain, or DC distribution
- Willingness to travel occasionally as needed. When you join
Verizon Verizon is a leading provider of technology,
communications, information and entertainment products,
transforming the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse
network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared
purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to
learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create
within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and
you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here. We're proud to be an
equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees'
differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and
Veteran status. At Verizon,we know that diversity makes us
stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best.Check
out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more. Our credo is at
the core of the
V team culture. Technology Jobs in South San Francisco, CA
Keywords: Verizon Communications, San Francisco , Cell Site Engineer, Professions , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!