Company: Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated
Posted on: February 25, 2021
The Operating Engineer conducts extensive hand-on operations and
maintenance work in a class A office space of various sizes. Work
includes installation, repair, and maintenance of critical and
non-critical electrical, mechanical, and plumbing/piping equipment,
machinery and controls located in the interior and exterior of a
facility. Monitors operations and conducts a routine and on-going
assessment of the building systems operations and performance.
Performs tests, rounds and analyzes data to ensure the proper
functioning of equipment. Work requires strong formal conduct of
operations skills, technical expertise, and personal
accountability. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs and/or directs the performance of all maintenance
departmental service requests, ensuring that work performed in
these areas is accomplished efficiently with a minimum amount of
disruption and inconvenience. It is also followed up with adequate
clean up. Checks malfunctioning equipment and ascertains corrective
action required to restore to satisfactory operating
- Completes training aimed at expanding the capabilities of the
operations staff. Specific duties include, but not limited to:
Demonstrating the proper use and care of tools and instruments,
giving hands on instruction in basic maintenance, safety, and
troubleshooting procedures, recommending relevant outside
engineering courses for enrollment and instilling an overall level
of professionalism in manner and appearance.
- Perform maintenance and repairs to the Mechanical, Plumbing,
Structural, Fire, Life Safety, and Building Control systems for the
facility to keep these systems up to applicable standards.
- Assist the Facilities team in the following duties: manage
testing, maintenance and repair of life safety systems; monitor and
analyze utility usage; manage building automation systems (B.A.S.);
manage all associated documentation requirements; assist in the
completion of engineering and safety audits; manage the preventive
maintenance program; record readings and make adjustments where
necessary to ensure proper operation of equipment.
- Supervises and implements the preventative maintenance program.
Specific duties include and are not limited to: scheduling of
preventative maintenance with a minimum disruption of building
services, performing and/or delegating preventative maintenance
tasks to the appropriately qualified maintenance staff member,
orders parts and equipment required for repair, maintenance and
installation of new equipment and facilities, and maintains
- Complies with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage,
and disposal of hazardous materials. Maintains a clean and safe
- Work closely with contractors. Assist in providing access to
machinery rooms, electric closets, and other restricted areas as
assigned by the Chief Engineer or other supervisor.
- Performs general maintenance/handyman tasks within the building
including carpentry, painting, plumbing, and the hanging of
artwork, coat hooks and white boards.
- This position will also have some responsibilities at multiple
remote buildings and sites and will have the need to travel between
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace.
- Monitor pricing and work quality of outside contractors.
- Where necessary, record readings and make adjustments to ensure
proper operation of equipment.
- Ability to quickly learn building control, electrical and life
safety systems, utilizing on the job training, operations manuals,
and documentation. Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 5+ years of experience in facility/plant engineering
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Able to interact with all levels of the organization and
outside contractors, architects, and engineers.
- Experience as a journeyman level engineer with strong skills
related to building automation systems, life safety systems
- Exposure to HVAC, fluid handling/pumping, fluid filtering,
mechanical systems, welding, and electrical systems engineering and
- Must be proficient in basic computer application software such
as Microsoft Office applications and CMMS ticket systems.
- Physically be able to operate electric hand tools, work on a
ladder, carry tools, lift and carry heavy loads, operate a motor
- Ability to work in closed places such as closets, crawl spaces,
attics, vaults, etc.
- Ability to work on roofs of buildings. Education
- High school diploma or state equivalent
- Minimum of two years of college or related trade schooling
- Minimum of four years' experience in electrician trade or
related field - or, minimum of four years' experience in
HVAC/refrigeration trade or related field JLL Privacy Notice Jones
Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates,
is a leading global provider of real estate and investment
management services. We take our responsibility to protect the
personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the
personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of
processing in connection with JLL's recruitment process. We
endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate
level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate
business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and
securely. For additional details please see our career site pages
for each country. For employees in the United States, please see a
fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative
Action policy here . Jones Lang LaSalle ("JLL") is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing
reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you
need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any
part of the employment process - including the online application
and/or overall selection process - you may email us at
Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com . This email is only to request an
accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries
to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL. Posted 6 Days
Ago Full time REQ131179 About Us JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a leading
professional services firm that specializes in real estate and
investment management. JLL shapes the future of real estate for a
better world by using the most advanced technology to create
rewarding opportunities, amazing spaces and sustainable real estate
solutions for our clients, our people and our communities. JLL is a
Fortune 500 company with annual revenue of $18.0 billion,
operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of more than
93,000 as of December 31, 2019. JLL is the brand name, and a
registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For
further information, visit jll.com.
Keywords: Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated, San Francisco , Operating Engineer, Professions , Fairfax, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!