Construction Senior Project Manager
Company: Kitchell Corporation
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: October 19, 2020
Employee-owned Kitchell, a Construction Management firm is
seeking a SEnior Project Manager to join our San Francisco, CA
team. The Senior Project Manager, to oversee Public sector
construction projects. The Senior Project Manager will manage all
construction activities, project procurement, control and
scheduling. Ensure project scope, meeting minutes, job safety,
quality assurance and change order requests are in compliance with
contract documents. Monitoring, controlling and updating project
schedules, owner contracts and construction contracts. Serve as a
technical source of information on project plans, specifications,
requests for information and shop drawings.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Project Manager will have hands-on experience with project
controls and prolog or other project management and spreadsheet
* Review and monitor all design and construction phase documents
for conformance with the budget, schedule and prime contract.
* Prepare instructions and coordinate bidding process; review
subcontractor bids for conformance, qualifications and financial
* Confer with the Project Superintendent and others to provide
input for the pre-bid and master construction schedule. Ensure the
preparation of the detailed construction phase schedule.
* Excellent leadership, organizational and written/oral
communication skills required.
* Ability to build and maintain effective and professional working
relationships with project managers, owners, architects, engineers,
subcontractors, and suppliers.
* The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who works well in a
* Implement assigned duties with an exceptional level of accuracy,
timeliness and cost effectiveness.
* Ensure all project estimates are prepared in accordance with the
requirements of the project. Become familiar with each estimate to
fully support its integrity.
* Negotiate and prepare subcontracts, contract purchase orders,
agreement change orders and change order requests.
* Monitor the financial responsibility and past performance of
subcontractors prior to award of any subcontract. Prepare
subcontractor pre-award checklist.
* Review the subcontract pre-billing worksheet and monthly progress
payment request; and monitor payment receipts and
* Monitor all outstanding owner change orders and change order
* Control job cost system, information and analysis.
* Prepare monthly project forecasts, cost reports and construction
* Assure all project activities and closeout efforts are executed
after proper planning has been done to conform to standards and
* Supervise, mentor and perform regular performance evaluations for
all employees assigned to this position.
Education and Experience
* CM at Risk, Design Build, Lease-Lease Back and/or P3 project
experience is a plus.
* Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university in
architecture, engineering, construction management or related
* Minimum 15 years' progressive and position related work
experience in construction management, and at least 10 years
related work experience managing two or more employees
* General Contractors License, LEED Professional Accreditation or
Certified Construction Manager (CCM) preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
* Knowledge of architecture, engineering and construction
management industry including current conditions and industry
* Must have technical knowledge, scheduling and organizational
skills. Leadership of bid process and project forecasting is
required. Excellent verbal, written and facilitation skills;
including the ability to influence, negotiate and explain complex
processes to clients and staff. Effective computer skills including
proficient use of Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint software
required, and project management (Prolog) and scheduling database
(P6) software preferred.
* Ability to provide leadership and financial management support to
a project team.
* Ability to demonstrate the competencies of achieving results,
communication and building teamwork.
* Commitment to the values of Kitchell with attention to honesty
and integrity, quality of work, customer satisfaction, people
development, profitability and managing change.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee must
regularly work in an office and or construction environment.
* Conditions regularly include exposure to outdoor elements,
hot/cold temperatures, wet conditions, noise, atmospheric
conditions and cramped quarters.
* The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
* Must frequently travel and relocate.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee must
regularly sit, stand, walk, talk or hear and use hands to finger,
feel and handle; frequently reach with hands and arms; occasionally
climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust
* Must frequently lift and or move 10 pounds and occasionally lift
and or move up to 50 pounds.
About Our Company
Kitchell is an employee-owned company with a nearly 70-year history
in general contracting, construction management, development,
facilities management, engineering and architecture and myriad
other services within the built environment. Our employee-owners
manage projects from main offices in Arizona, California and Texas.
We offer an entrepreneurial environment that fosters personal and
professional growth with in-house education programs, formal and
informal mentoring and cross-training opportunities. We prefer to
grow from within, building careers and financial stability through
long-term ownership. We are consistently ranked among the top
places to work, attributable to our tenured staff and outstanding
benefits including profit-sharing, discretionary stock options,
incentive bonuses, health and life insurance, health savings
accounts (HSA) with wellness incentives, 401(k), college savings
plans, business travel assistance and insurance, discounted auto
and homeowners insurance, identity theft protection, rewards
programs and much more.
Kitchell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and
will consider all qualified applicants for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected
veteran status, or disability status.15Thank you for your interest
in KITCHELL. Our records indicate that you have already submitted
an application for employment. Should your prior experience match
our business needs, you will be contacted by a representative of
our company.The goal of the questions that you have just answered
is to help determine if this opportunity would be a good match for
you and our company. At this time your qualifications do not match
any of our positions. Your application will remain active for 30
days. Please do not reapply during this time period, as your
application will register in the system as "Already Applied". Thank
you for your interest in employment with us.
Keywords: Kitchell Corporation, San Francisco , Construction Senior Project Manager, Professions , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!