Company: Barry Callebaut
Location: American Canyon
Posted on: January 17, 2020
At Barry Callebaut, we are on a journey to transform the cocoa and
chocolate industry. As the world's leading manufacturer of
high-quality chocolate and cocoa products, our actions truly shape
the future of our industry. We are a business-to-business company,
serving the entire food sector, from the cocoa bean to the finest
chocolate product. We are a company with a purpose, we believe in
doing well by doing good and reinvesting in the communities we
operate. We have a long-standing commitment to sustainability and
our goal is to shape a sustainable cocoa and chocolate future. We
are headquartered in Zurich, and have more than 11,000 passionate
Employees working in more than 35 countries worldwide. We are very
proud of who we are and what we do. And of course, we are always
looking for talented people to help us have a positive impact on
our industry and beyond!
POSITION TITLE: Production Planner
REPORTING TO: Planning Supervisor
LOCATION: American Canyon
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
The Zurich-based Barry Callebaut Group is the world's leading
manufacturer of high-quality chocolate and cocoa products - from
the origination and processing cocoa beans to producing the finest
chocolates, including chocolate fillings, decorations, and
compounds. The Group runs more than 59 production facilities
worldwide selling in 140 countries and employs a diverse and
dedicated global workforce of over 11,500 people.
The Barry Callebaut Group serves the entire food industry, from
industrial food manufacturers to artisanal and professional users
of chocolate, such as chocolatiers, pastry chefs, bakers, hotels,
restaurants, and caterers.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for the planning and forecasting of activities related
to production. Coordinating activities between customer service,
production and traffic of all orders. Is cognizant and
understanding of food and employee safety and ensures application
in his/her daily routine. Responsible for scheduling finished goods
and semi-finished products. Releases raw materials and packaging
from our contracted suppliers. Demonstrate ownership of plant and
food safety including regulatory requirements.
- Establish, coordinate and organize short-term needs for the
production lines: Liquid, Packaging and Molding as well as
replenishment of product needed between each site.
- Manage and schedule rework, and projects for production.
- Evaluate line/tank positions and adjust schedule to accommodate
chocolate reception, line capacity and customer demand.
- Maintain and control inventory of consumption areas for
- Respond and commit product availability date for customers.
- Communicate, do appropriate data entry and follow up on all
non-conforming products via SAP.
- Manage, use and maintain MRP.
- Manage inventory levels and safety stocks.
- Release and follow up on raw materials and packaging purchase
orders to suppliers.
- Communicate all supplier issues to appropriate purchasing
- Process and manage the return of product to the supplier after
buyer decision. Keep purchasing informed of any sudden demand
- Participate in weekly planning meeting.
- Cross train all team member.
- Participate in operations/site projects including inventory
- Recommend/coordinate overtime with production as needed.
- Communicate with customer service, traffic, quality and
production regarding any relevant changes.
- Committed to providing a safe food product.
- Works within all regulatory requirements
- Ability to adhere to GMP practices and all other food safety
and food defense requirements
Education & Work Experience:
- Associates degree or equivalent plus a minimum of two years of
relevant manufacturing experience in a food environment.
- Experience working in SAP and MRP, as well as proven math
- Computer Skills (Proficient use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Salesforce, SAP, VMware)
- Detail & results oriented
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work with deadlines
- Works well in a team as well as independently
- Self-starter who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced
- Detail & results oriented.
What you can expect from Barry Callebaut:
- Competitive compensation package including salary, benefits,
and vacation time
- Collaborative atmosphere with like-minded individuals who are
passionate about chocolate
- The ability to grow your career within an organization that
values development and internal career growth
- As the Production Planner, you will gain valuable business
experience in a dynamic and positive working environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you want to learn more about Barry Callebaut, please find
further information here.
Nearest Major Market: Napa
Industrial, Engineer, Law, Food Safety, Supply, Manufacturing,
Engineering, Legal, Quality, Operations
Keywords: Barry Callebaut, San Francisco , Planner, Production, Professions , American Canyon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!