Autopilot Perception Intern (Summer 2020)
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Tesla is accelerating the world s transition to sustainable energy.
We design, manufacture, sell and service the world s best solar
technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles,
providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume
energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around
the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla s
workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an
inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender,
race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of
inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is
expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to
innovate. We re tackling the world s most difficult and important
problems and we wouldn t succeed without our shared passion for
making the world a better place.
Internship Program at Tesla
The University Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to
recognize emerging talent. Our year around program places the best
students in positions that they will grow both technically and
personally through their experience working closely with their
Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an
experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla
by given them projects that are critical to their team s
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you ll be seated
at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only
your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla s mission.
Palo Alto, CA
About the Team
The Autopilot Team ensures great quality software programs for
current and next generation vehicle programs and is working towards
Tesla s vision of fully autonomous vehicles. The Autopilot Software
Intern will be contributing to the implementation of the software
system that processes inputs from a variety of vehicle sensors,
evaluates possible vehicle strategies/trajectories, and automate
safe control of the vehicle.
What to Expect
* Demonstration of good understanding of software fundamentals
including software design, algorithm development, data structures,
code modularity, and maintainability.
* Experience developing embedded C++ for safety-critical
applications in production environments.
* Assess the system for failure modes and design resilient and
redundant mechanisms to protect against those failures.
* Experience in creating complex, highly distributed real-time
* Understanding of advanced driver assistance sensors such as
radar, camera, ultrasonic, and lidar, including the measurement and
data-reduction, target identification and environmental synthesis,
and sensor fusion.
* Collaborate with the control systems, simulation and modeling
teams to design control strategies that can be implemented in
* Currently working towards a MS, or advanced degree in a relevant
engineering program such as Software Engineering, Computer
Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
* Strong C/C++ programming skills, preferably in an embedded
* Experience with 32-bit and 64-bit ARM architectures ARMv8-A,
* Familiarity with board /chip bringup
* Experience with real-time operating systems (RTOS) like FreeRTOS,
* Experience with writing device drivers for low speed interfaces
like I2C, SPI, UART, CAN etc
* Familiarity with containerization (e.g. Docker).
* Experience with one of the following programming languages:
Python, Go, Java/Scala/Kotlin.
* Problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
* Strong build, debug and test skills
* Git experience a plus
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer
committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin,
disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other
factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Tesla, San Francisco , Autopilot Perception Intern (Summer 2020), Other , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!