Company: Traditional Medicinals
Location: Rohnert Park
Posted on: July 16, 2019
The position is based in a beautiful new open concept office in
Rohnert Park, California, which lies in the center of scenic Sonoma
County. Sonoma County has everything people love about California.
It boasts several charming and historic towns surrounded by
beautiful farm country. There is easy access to wine country,
redwood forests, parks, and the Pacific Coast. Yet the area is just
45 minutes from downtown San Francisco one of the great cultural
cities in the world. Sonoma County truly offers the best of both of
Traditional Medicinals-- (TM) has been serving plants, people, and
the planet since 1974. As a growing herbal wellness company based
in Sonoma County, CA, TM has a corporate office located in Rohnert
Park and manufactures over 57 varieties of dietary supplement tea
in its solar-powered Sebastopol facility, 65 miles north of San
Francisco. TM is proud to be the number one medicinal, organic, and
fair trade herbal tea company in North America. In 1974, the
company pioneered the herbal medicinal tea category and over the
years has grown to become the fourth largest bagged tea company in
the US. Its products are distributed nationally across 70,000
retail outlets in North America in all channels from health and
natural foods stores (Whole Foods), to every major grocery chain,
to mass market retailers (Target & Walmart), and drug stores (CVS,
Walgreens, Rite Aid).
TM is an independent, mission-driven company with a planning
horizon extending beyond the next generation. The concept of a
triple bottom line focusing on people, planet and profits is part
of the Company's mission and the basis for its success.
This role entails supporting the rapid growth of the company and
its dynamic supply chain needs. The Co-Manufacturing Planner is
responsible for managing the Master Production Schedule (MPS) for
finished goods across assigned co-manufactured products. Balances
the finished goods inventory with the sales forecast to support
inventory targets, customer service levels, and manufacturing
capacity through the use of Microsoft Dynamics AX, Power BI, Bix
Analytics tools and Excel. The Co-Manufacturing Planner will
participate in and lead the production plan discussion with
assigned co-manufactures on a bi weekly basis.. They will be
responsible for coordinating and working closely with internal
departments to insure raw materials are available to support the
production schedule and case fill rates remains is on target ofTo
accomplish the company's goals, the Co-Manufacturing Planner will
be actively engaged with internal stakeholders to support a variety
of demands and projects. The emphasis of the Co-Manufacturing
Planner role will be on maintaining finished goods inventory levels
and customer fill rates providing the organization with a 12 week
frozen plan, as well as a 12 month Production plan.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Retrieves and organizes future requirements, production, and
inventory data to support demand and replenishment strategies.
- Develop a 12 month master production plan that meets sales
(existing products, new products, seasonal pre-builds),
manufacturing capabilities, and other supply chain requirements.
Delivers on inventory targets, cost, and Case fill rate for
- Work cross functionally to coordinate material releases, on
time delivery and shipment, invoicing as well as coordinating cycle
- Coordinate with Co-manufacturing director on weekly touch
points with co-manufactures.
- Supports development of long-range capacity utilization to
support sales forecast & inventory goals.
- Identifies risks and opportunities. Communicates and takes
- Participate in and provide information into weekly capacity/
supply meetings with key cross functional teams to ensure a
continuous supply of production.
- Develop capacity utilization / supply scenarios when
- Participate in all commercialization activities item launches
and onboarding co-manufactures.
- Performs miscellaneous analysis reports in Excel/ Power BI as
- Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in supply planning from strategy
development through implementation.
- Broad knowledge of materials, planning, product allocation,
master scheduling and manufacturing processes.
- 3 + years of experience in Master Scheduling, Planning, or
- Experience in master planning modules in an ERP/MRP, preferable
Microsoft Dynamics AX, with an understanding of how to best apply
the tools for sound decision-making.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, maintain, and improve
- Ideally, this person will be coachable and promotable and have
an eye towards both strategy and execution to prepare for vertical
or horizontal opportunities in the future.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate in a high growth environment
while managing ambiguity.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and deploy industry best
practices for the function.
- Experience in participating and contributing to building and
maintaining a high-performance collaborative culture.
- Background in dealing with an array of complex issues, and a
track record of creative problem solving.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a related field (Business,
Materials Management or Supply Chain Management required). APICS
certification is a plus.
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Fully engaged
- Problem solver
- Soft approach but has organizational courage, using it as
- Approachable and diplomatic
- Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Strong motivational and leadership skills
- Views supply planning as a service within the organization that
supports Sales, R&D/Innovation, Manufacturing, and ultimately
the end customer
- Flexible and adaptable to changing business conditions
- Understands when to be strategic and when to dig in to get
- Resourceful and self-sufficient - understands how to execute
with the resources of a company this size
- Proactive in attitude and action, but gets buy-in from key
stakeholders in the process
- Has a demonstrated acumen for trying new things and managing
change in terms of pace, the need for balance, communication, and
- Appreciative and respectful of the organizational history and
how changes impact people
- Holds themselves accountable to key deadlines and commitments
- Sensible yet data-driven decision maker
- Ability to analyze business problems from both a qualitative
and quantitative perspective
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to think innovatively
- A passion for advancing customer expectations
- Passionate believer of visual metrics and focused KPIs
- Well organized and accurate with details
- Highly creative and out of the box thinking
- Ability to meet minimum physical requirements to work in a
manufacturing environment, including but not limited to: the
ability to sit, stand for two or more hours at a time, the ability
to operate a computer and office equipment and the ability to lift
up to 20 pounds throughout the day.
Keywords: Traditional Medicinals, San Francisco , Co-Manufacturing Planner, Other , Rohnert Park, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!