Senior Scientist I, DMPK
Company: Pharmacyclics, LLC
Posted on: June 17, 2019
Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization
of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of
life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer
patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie
(NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company.
Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio
consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing
multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more
than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists,
clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work
in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in
immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their
knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates
(ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop
novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart
To learn more about us, please visit us at
General Position Summary/Purpose:
Provide in vitro ADME support to Pharmacyclics drug discovery and
development projects. Conceive and implement novel experimental
approaches to answer in vitro ADME questions in support of drug
discovery and development projects. Investigate, develop, validate
or optimize existing and new methods for solving project related
scientific issues. Work closely with bioanalytical and PK
scientists, and report into drug metabolism function, integrating
DM and PK data to support preclinical development of drug
candidates and regulatory submissions. Contribute to project
science in the area of DMPK, by developing productive
collaborations and communications with other groups across
Key Accountabilities/Core Job Responsibilities:
- Routinely demonstrate scientific initiative and creativity in
research or development activities.
- Highly autonomous and productive in performing laboratory
research requiring only minimal direction from supervisor.
- Demonstrates high proficiency across a wide range of in vitro
ADME technologies and capable of initiating new areas of
investigation that are scientifically meaningful and can be
incorporated into a research or development program.
- Maintain a high level of productivity in the lab.
- Primary author of publications, presentations, regulatory
documents or inventor of patents.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of
conduct, safety, appropriate handling of materials, controlled
substances, radioactive compounds and GxP compliance.
- Cell culture experience and capable of performing
bi-directional permeability studies using Caco2, MDCK or similar
- Working knowledge of drug transporter sciences, and capable of
performing and interpreting in vitro drug transporter studies
(substrate and inhibitor) in recombinant cell lines or
- Knowledgeable and capable of conducting in vitro assays (CYP
induction, CYP inhibition, protein binding, CYP phenotyping,
metabolite profiling, CYP enzyme kinetics), data analysis and
- Proficient in operating and trouble-shooting HPLC-tandem Mass
- Effectively manage numerous tasks/projects simultaneously to
meet internal/external deadlines while maintaining organizational
integration within DMPK team
- Capable of organizing and presenting scientific plans, data
analysis, formulating conclusions and designing follow-on
- Required: Experience with cell culture, CYP Induction assay,
Real time qPCR etc. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education and typically 10
years of experience, Master's Degree or equivalent education and
typically 8 years of experience, PhD with 1-3 years.
- Possess thorough theoretical and practical understanding of
- Demonstrated ability to learn, understand and master new
experimental techniques and act as a mentor for others.
- Ability to multitask and work within timelines.
- Demonstrated scientific writing skills and strong verbal
- LC/MS/MS assessment of metabolism using unlabeled and
radiolabeled test compounds.
- Ability to fully operate, maintain and troubleshoot Mass
spectrometers, HPLC/UPLC systems, auto sampler and data software
systems. Capable of optimizing conditions for quantitation and
chromatographic separation of analytes in biological samples.
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment. Equal
Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Associated topics: dietetic, food, food scientist, healthcare,
immunohematology, immunology, kinesiology, nephrology,
Keywords: Pharmacyclics, LLC, San Francisco , Senior Scientist I, DMPK, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!