Location: San Francisco
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly,
giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without
any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Are you driven by empathy and a passion for understanding people?
Do you strive to uncover peoples' deep needs and values through
observation and interviews? Do you love testing concepts and
solutions that seek to meet those needs? At Affirm, you will play a
critical role in understanding the intimate relationship people
have with their finances and how it impacts their daily lives. You
will bring others along in understanding how people perceive and
manage their finances, and in doing so help the team create truly
impactful experiences for our customers.What You'll Do
- Research end-consumers and merchant partners to understand the
value exchange between both parties
- Design studies that address both user behavior and
- Generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate
- Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative methods,
subset of quantitative methods (i.e. surveys), and interpret
analysis through the lens of UX, HCI, and social science.
- Work cross-functionally with design, product management,
content strategy, engineering, marketing and merchant
- Partner with engineers, analysts, and other technical roles to
create and share research.
- Adapt and lead research practices to meet team needs under the
tight time frames of a rapidly growing company.
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to inform business
decisions and build even greater empathy for our customers.
What We Look For
- B.A/B.S. in Anthropology, Psychology, Social Science or a
related field or equivalent experience.
- 2-4 years experience in applied product research.
- Experience conducting B2B research
- Command of a set of qualitative and user-centered design
- Demonstrated ability to plan and conduct research in close
collaboration with people in a variety of roles, including design,
engineering, and product management.
- Knowledge of quantitative, behavioral analysis, and statistical
- Experience with survey research (questionnaire design,
- Ability to ask, as well as answer, meaningful and impactful
- The drive to explore and define research opportunities
throughout the company.
- Ability to clearly, concisely, and persuasively communicate
your findings, verbally and in writing.
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the
job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet
every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're
eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can
contribute to our team in a variety of ways - not just candidates
who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that's why
diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal
opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts
We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction
records for positions in accordance with applicable laws, including
the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Keywords: Affirm, San Francisco , User Researcher, Other , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!