Environmental Chemist, Quality Assurance
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Working at ICFWorking at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you---re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF---together for tomorrow.ICF is looking for an Environmental Chemist to join our team of environmental chemists providing Quality Assurance (QA) support of environmental projects. The position is within our Regulatory, Economics, Environmental & Energy Services (R3E) team primarily supporting EPA contracts. The team provides independent evaluation of third party environmental laboratory sample analysis results for compliance with method and QA/QC requirements, document preparation and review, and other quality assurance support activities. The Environmental Chemist will apply his or her knowledge and work experience to support a wide range of data evaluation, project planning and review documents, and will interact with ICF environmental chemists, external experts, and clients.The position is located in Richmond, California (remote may be possible).-- You'll need to--have or be able to obtain authorization for access to U.S. Environmental Protection Agency facilities.----Key Responsibilities:
- Review sampling and analysis plans, quality assurance project plans, analytical methods, standard operating procedures, and reports and other documents on topics associated with site characterization, remedial optimization, and remedy implementation to assure compliance with EPA guidance.
- Evaluate environmental analytical laboratory data according to EPA---s National Functional Guidelines for Data Validation or other procedures, as appropriate.
- Prepare and maintain written procedures (SOPs) for the performance of the above tasks.
- Provide technical leadership to junior staff in performance of the above tasks following the defined procedures.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor---s degree in science or engineering, including chemistry (nuclear chemistry preferred), geology, environmental science, hydrogeology, or environmental engineering.
- 6+ years of experience related to contaminated site characterization, remediation, and optimization at contaminated sites including Superfund, Brownfields, and RCRA Corrective Action sites.
- Experience validating data according to the EPA National Functional Guidelines for Data Validation.
- Laboratory experience in environmental, analytical instrumentation such as GC, GC/MS, ICP/AES, or ICP/MS, preferably using EPA methodologies.
- Experience preparing and reviewing environmental sampling and analysis plans and quality assurance project plans.
- Experience reviewing third party laboratory data.Preferred Skills/Experience:
- Environmental radiochemistry laboratory experience including alpha spectroscopy, gamma spectroscopy, gas proportional counting, and liquid scintillation counting is desirable; familiarity with EPA methodologies is preferred.
- Experience evaluating radiochemistry data analyzed using EPA Methods.
- Experience in reviewing data from high resolution GS/MS techniques for dioxin/furans and/or PCB congener analysis.
- Experience working at DoD, EPA or other Federal facilities.Professional Skills:
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills; experience with scientific writing and developing and delivering presentations.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with clients.
- Ability to apply critical thinking and problem solving techniques.
- Capacity for working in teams, both locally and remotely.
- Strong outreach and self-motivation skills.ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE --- Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.California Client Office (CA88)
Keywords: ICF, San Francisco , Environmental Chemist, Quality Assurance, Other , Richmond, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!