Data Science Intern, Motorola Mobility
Company: Motorola Mobility
Location: Santa Clara
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Motorola Mobility (a Lenovo company) is one of the world's fastest growing smartphone providers, creating groundbreaking, affordable, high-quality products designed and built with the global customer in mind. And it's our people who make this all happen. We are thinkers, risk-takers and problem solvers, working together to constantly challenge the status quo. If you share our commitment to ingenuity, creativity and innovation, we want you to help us define our world of tomorrow. Explore the opportunities and apply today
Via the use of advance data analytics and machine learning algorithms, Lenovo Mobile Business Group (MBG) Services aims to deliver a world class holistic customer service experience and product warranty operation for its Lenovo Motorola Smartphone product line.
As a Data Science Intern, you would have the opportunity to work with both operational, machine generated, and human interaction datasets to improve every aspect of MBG's Services. You will get a chance to collaborate with every function of the Services Team, which includes, contact center, digital service channels, social media, quality, repair delivery, value-add services, parts fulfillment, cost analytics, etc, to develop custom models and algorithms to drive respective business solutions. Said another way, your data science and modeling skills would be put into full use, impacting Lenovo MBG's service strategy, brand, and overall success in the marketplace.Position Requirements
- Development of machine learning models/predictive analytics techniques leveraging both repeatable patterns in data and discovering new trends that lead to customer experience improvements, cost reduction, and device quality & reliability level predictions.
- Working alongside with senior technical staff through the full flow of very challenging data problems anywhere from data cleaning, to building a concept of the model to extracting the right features and testing the model to drive better decision making through various data and statistical modeling techniques, algorithm development involving real-world noisy data.
- Ability to quickly understand challenging business problems, find patterns and insights within structured and unstructured data. Performing data analysis, predictions, discovery, distilling complex science down to digestible insight, unlocking repeatable patterns that can become actionable foresight.
- Ability to think critically about the relationships of different metrics measured and process steps to land the right features for a given model
- Challenge current best thinking, test theories, evaluate feature concepts and iterate rapidly owning the deliverables and managing the priorities/timelines
- Prototype creative solutions quickly, and be able to lead others in crafting and implementing superior technical vision.
- Current student of Masters or PH.D in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, Engineering, or related fields with an emphasis on Machine Learning.
- Solid fundamentals, knowledge of machine learning and deep learning algorithms, classification, clustering, regression, CNN, RNN, probability theory, algorithm design and theory of computation, linear algebra, partial differential equations, Bayesian statistics, and information retrieval.
- Experience in at least one of the machine learning frameworks - Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc
- Passion in reaching a deep understanding of business problems and solving them by applying machine learning technique
- Experience in natural language processing techniques and text analytics (e.g. word2vec, doc2vec)
- Experience with advanced supervised, unsupervised, reinforcement learning methods; temporal difference methods, sequence modeling, clustering techniques, etc
- Possesses strong combination of theoretical knowledge and hands-on experience in data mining, feature selection, dimensionality reduction, statistical techniques, regression analysis, deep learning algorithms and failure prediction
- Expertise in machine learning framework and statistical tools and technologies - Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch, R, JMP, or SAS for modeling and visualization, and other scripting languages like Python, Perl.
- Experience/proficiency in at least one compiled/object oriented programming language e.g. Java/C++.
- Proficient in big data technologies such as Hadoop, BigQuery, MapReduce, etc. and parallelization tools in enterprise Big Data Platform stack, technologies and ecosystem is a strong plus
- Highly motivated, team player with an entrepreneurial spirit and strong communication and collaboration skills, self-starter with willingness to learn, master new technologies and clearly communicate results to technical and non-technical audience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Keywords: Motorola Mobility, San Francisco , Data Science Intern, Motorola Mobility, Other , Santa Clara, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!