Staff Data Scientist, Product
Company: Borderless Capital
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: February 12, 2024
Patreon is the best place for creators to build memberships by
providing exclusive access to their work and a deeper connection
with their communities. We're building a content and community
platform where creators can engage directly with their fans and
monetize their creativity, while maintaining full ownership over
the work they make and the communities they create.We're leaders in
the membership space with 250,000+ active creators and over $3.5
billion paid directly to creators on our platform. Our team is
building tools to optimize the creator-to-fan relationship,
including native video, enhanced podcasting features, improved
creation tools, and new community experiences. We're continuing to
invest heavily in building the most talented team in the Creator
Economy and are looking for a Staff Data Scientist to support our
mission.This role is based in San Francisco or in New York and open
to those who are able to be in-office 2 days per week on a hybrid
work model.About the Role
- You'll work in lock step with your cross-functional team to
build product features that help creators improve their membership
- You'll conduct quantitative research to inform product strategy
and opportunities, design metrics to help track goals and make
decisions, devise learning methods (including experiments) to test
hypotheses, and work closely with our machine learning and data
engineering teams on building MVP user-facing data products.
- You'll translate data into actionable insights and communicate
your technical work to the data team, your cross-functional
partners, executive leadership, and the rest of the company.
- You'll be a cultural and technical leader on the data science
team. About You
- You have a wealth of experience helping product teams make
great decisions with data.
- You are an experimentation expert and possess a very strong
statistical inference skillset.
- You have solid analytical thinking. You ask the right questions
and strive to see beyond the numbers to understand what an analysis
represents in terms of real-world applications.
- You have experience making tradeoffs between speed and
- You are a SQL expert and have experience in Python or R to
perform statistical analyses.
- You have a track record of building strong relationships with
product, engineering, research, and design teammates.
- You have a growth mindset and aspire to continuously improve
your soft and technical skills.
- You are an expert communicator with a love for clarity and
simplicity. About PatreonPatreon powers creators to do what they
love and get paid by the people who love what they do. Our team is
passionate about making this mission and our core values come to
life every day in our work. Through this work, our Patronauts:
- Put Creators First - They're the reason we're here. When
creators win, we win.
- Build with Craft - We sign our name to every deliverable, just
like the creators we serve.
- Make it Happen - We don't quit. We learn and deliver.
- Win Together - We grow as individuals. We win as a team.
Patreon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide
employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color,
ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender
identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any
other protected class.Patreon offers a competitive benefits package
including and not limited to salary, equity plans, healthcare,
unlimited paid time off, company holidays and recharge days,
commuter benefits, lifestyle stipends, learning and development
stipends, patronage, parental leave, and 401k plan with
Keywords: Borderless Capital, San Francisco , Staff Data Scientist, Product, Other , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!