Life Science Research Professional 2
Company: Stanford University
Posted on: November 19, 2023
The Department of Ophthalmology at Stanford University is
seeking a Life Science Research Professional 2 to perform more
complex functions and activities involved in defined research
projects, and independently conduct a portion of the research
project(s). Duties include:
- Perform lab experiments or help students working with animals.
Currently, experimental procedures include ocular surgery, in-vivo
imaging and electrophysiology in rodents.
- Oversee supply and equipment under minimal supervision of
- Work with health and safety department to ensure lab complies
with regulations and all the required trainings.
- Maintain and update animal protocols and keep track of the
- Train new staff and students on lab equipment and study
protocols, as needed. *- Other duties may also be assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED): Bachelor's degree in related
scientific field and two years of relevant work experience; or
Master's degree in a related scientific field. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS
AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Comprehensive understanding of scientific principles.
- General computer skills, experience with databases and
scientific applications, and ability to quickly learn and master
- Strong analytical skills and excellent judgment.
- Ability to work under deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to complete the
- Developing project management skills. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS*:
- Frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, squat, grasp
lightly, use fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, perform
desk-based computer tasks, use telephone, write by hand, lift,
carry, push and pull objects weighing over 40 pounds.
- Occasionally sit, kneel, crawl, reach and work above shoulders,
sort and file paperwork or parts.
- Rarely climb, scrub, sweep, mop, chop and mix or operate hand
and foot controls.
- Must have correctible vision to perform duties of the job.
- Ability to bend, squat, kneel, stand, reach above shoulder
level, and move on hard surfaces for up to eight hours.
- Ability to lift heavy objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in a dusty, dirty, and odorous
- Position may require repetitive motion. *- Consistent with its
obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable
accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires
accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- May require working in close proximity to blood borne
- May require work in an environment where animals are used for
teaching and research.
- Position may at times require the employee to work with or be
in areas where hazardous materials and/or infectious diseases are
- Employee must perform tasks that require the use of personal
protective equipment, such as safety glasses and shoes, protective
clothing and gloves, and possibly a respirator.
- May require extended or unusual work hours based on research
requirements and business needs. WORK STANDARDS:
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well
with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal
responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns;
uses and promotes safe behaviors bases on training and lessons
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable
University policies and procedures, including but not limited to
the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's
Keywords: Stanford University, San Francisco , Life Science Research Professional 2, Other , Stanford, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!