Location: San Francisco
Posted on: November 19, 2023
The Steward maintains the order and inventory of food supplies,
dry goods, paper products, and equipment for the Daily Free Meals
Program (DFMP). This person is responsible for maintaining the
cleanliness and sanitation of the stockroom, all refrigerators and
freezers, as well as utilizing the proper methods for food storage.
The Steward is also responsible for inventory rotation and data
entry. If the Steward also drives for the DFMP, this person must
pass a pre-employment drug test and must comply with the California
Department of Motor Vehicles laws and rules of the road, as well as
GLIDE's Fleet Safety Program.
This person is expected to behave in a manner that demonstrates our
Core Values: radically inclusive, just and loving, exemplary
customer service, outstanding job performance, peaceful problem
resolution, and respectful client management. Work responsibilities
will, at times, require long days and/or evening or weekend
responsibilities. Excellent attendance is required with schedule
flexibility determined by agency needs.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Receive and store all purchased and donated food. Rotate stock
to maintain freshness.
- Check all invoices as goods are removed from delivery trucks to
confirm all items have been delivered in their proper
- Maintain a regular and accurate computer inventory of in-stock
- Supply main dining room and coffeehouse with all necessary food
and supplies in a timely fashion.
- Fulfill staff requests for food, beverages and supplies.
- Take all garbage from main dining room, coffee house and prep
kitchen to trash compactor.
- Keep the trash area and both stockrooms clean, organized,
sanitary and locked at all times.
- Ensure the security of stockroom inventory by securing all
entrances and exits and preventing unauthorized entrance to
stockroom. Strictly enforce GLIDE policies as they relate to
removal of all GLIDE property, including donations.
- Oversee rodent and pest control in stockroom areas in
accordance with Health and Safety standards.
- Assist with the unloading of donations.
- Deliver meals to shelters. Pick-up food donations from
businesses and return to GLIDE. Maintain cleanliness and conduct
daily inspections of vehicles. Report all vehicle concerns/problems
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Any combination of education, training and experience that
provides the required knowledge and abilities.
- Previous experience working as a warehouse/stockroom worker,
- Teamwork skills essential.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must pass Tuberculosis screening.
- CA Driver's License and clean driving record.
- Must complete annual food safety training and
$22 - $25.24 an hour
GLIDE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As an equal
opportunity employer, we are committed to identifying and
developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse
backgrounds. People of color, differently abled people and LGBT
persons are strongly encouraged to apply.
Keywords: GLIDE, San Francisco , Steward, Other , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!