Life Science Research Professional 1 - Multiple Positions (Onsite)
Company: Stanford University
Posted on: September 21, 2023
The Stanford University Cardiovascular Institute Biobank (SCVI)
is seeking a Life Science Research Professional 1 (LSRP) to perform
basic functions and activities involved in defined research
projects, and independently conduct and analyze experiments.The
LSRP1 will apply molecular biology skills to identify therapeutic
targets for cardiovascular diseases. The successful candidate will
use cutting-edge technology and will be a member of a
multi-disciplinary team consisting of molecular biologists,
geneticists, and computational scientists. The project builds on
recent initiatives at the SCVI Biobank to generate large numbers of
human iPSCs. The aim of the project is to identify genes and
pathways relevant for cardiovascular disease. Duties include:
- Plan approach to experiments in support of research projects in
lab and/or field based on knowledge of scientific theory.
- Independently conduct experiments; maintain detailed records of
experiments and outcomes.
- Apply the theories and methods of a life science discipline to
interpret and perform analyses of experiment results; offer
suggestions regarding modifications to procedures and protocols in
collaboration with senior researcher.
- Review literature on an ongoing basis to remain current with
new procedures and apply learnings to related research.
- Contribute to publication of findings as needed. Participate in
the preparation of written documents, including procedures,
presentations, and proposals.
- Help with general lab maintenance as needed; maintain lab
stock, manage chemical inventory and safety records, and provide
general lab support as needed.
- Assist with orientation and training of new staff or students
on lab procedures or techniques.*- Other duties may also be
assigned DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- A Bachelor of Science in molecular biology or related
- Experience and excellent practical skills in human cell culture
- Experience in the application of a range of molecular biology
- Excellent organization and record-keeping skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and
- Experience and understanding of biological safety regulations
and procedures.EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):Bachelor's degree
in related scientific field.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- General understanding of scientific principles. Demonstrated
performance to use knowledge and skills when needed.
- Demonstrated ability to apply theoretical knowledge of science
principals to problem solve work.
- Ability to maintain detailed records of experiments and
- General computer skills and ability to quickly learn and master
computer programs, databases, and scientific applications.
- Ability to work under deadlines with general guidance.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to
accurately complete detailed work.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS*:
- Frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, squat, grasp
lightly, use fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, perform
desk-based computer tasks, use telephone, write by hand, lift,
carry, push and pull objects weighing over 40 pounds.
- Occasionally sit, kneel, crawl, reach and work above shoulders,
sort and file paperwork or parts.
- Rarely climb, scrub, sweep, mop, chop and mix or operate hand
and foot controls.
- Must have correctible vision to perform duties of the job.
- Ability to bend, squat, kneel, stand, reach above shoulder
level, and move on hard surfaces for up to eight hours.
- Ability to lift heavy objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in a dusty, dirty, and odorous
- Position may require repetitive motion.*- Consistent with its
obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable
accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires
accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her
- May require working in close proximity to blood borne
- May require work in an environment where animals are used for
teaching and research.
- Position may at times require the employee to work with or be
in areas where hazardous materials and/or infectious diseases are
- Employee must perform tasks that require the use of personal
protective equipment, such as safety glasses and shoes, protective
clothing and gloves, and possibly a respirator.
- May require extended or unusual work hours based on research
requirements and business needs.--- ) WORK STANDARDS:
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well
with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal
responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns;
uses and promotes safe behaviors bases on training and lessons
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable
University policies and procedures, including but not limited to
the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's
Administrative Guide, The expected pay range for this position is
$53,000 to $76,000 per annum/hour.Stanford University provides pay
ranges representing its good faith estimate of what the university
reasonably expects to pay for a position. The pay offered to a
selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as (but
not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the
qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget
availability, internal equity, geographic location and external
market pay for comparable jobs.At Stanford University, base pay
represents only one aspect of the comprehensive rewards package.
The Cardinal at Work website () provides detailed information on
Stanford's extensive range of benefits and rewards offered to
employees. Specifics about the rewards package for this position
may be discussed during the hiring process.
Keywords: Stanford University, San Francisco , Life Science Research Professional 1 - Multiple Positions (Onsite), Other , Stanford, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!