Location: San Francisco
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Role Title: Access Specialist
Location: New York, San Francisco, LA, or Phoenix This position is
primarily remote - and requires in-clinic presence quarterly for
team meetings and training.
We seek motivated, compassionate individuals to join our Operations
team as Access Specialists. The dedication of the Access
Specialists team is to drive an excellent patient experience
through thoughtful patient interactions that drive consistent,
effective, and efficient scheduling support, creating a
patient-centric environment that benefits both patients and the
organization. You will be pivotal in ensuring our Tia members
receive exceptional customer service and support. By optimizing the
patient experience, the team contributes to improved healthcare
outcomes, increased utilization, and a positive reputation for the
organization. Your primary focus will be managing provider
schedules, ensuring accuracy, and promptly and efficiently
addressing patient access needs.
The Access Specialists team will transform the patient experience
by ensuring consistent, effective, and efficient scheduling
support. Minimizing scheduling errors will enhance provider
experience and increase utilization, benefiting our patients and
- Access & Schedule Management:
- Conduct daily and weekly schedule reviews to identify and
rectify any scheduling errors related to appointment timing,
mapping, or type.
- Manage rescheduling processes -primarily through phone calls-
ensuring patients are rebooked and schedules are appropriately
blocked when necessary.
- Maintain an active waitlist to maximize the utilization of
- Assist Clinic leads in achieving schedule flexibility to
accommodate specific requests, fostering patient-centric care.
- Provider Schedule Adjustments:
- Adjust provider schedules for out-of-office blocks, last-minute
changes, or other unforeseen circumstances to minimize
- Manage Provider schedule template
- Collaboration & Team Engagement:
- Attend weekly meetings with the Clinic Manager to align on
weekly priorities and review patient waitlists, cancellations, and
- Work collaboratively with clinical and operational counterparts
to ensure seamless patient access.
- Schedule Rollout & Quality Control:
- Periodically roll out provider schedules for designated time
frames efficiently and accurately.
- Perform quality controls of rolled-out schedules to maintain
high standards of accuracy and efficiency.
- Handle day-to-day scheduling tasks efficiently and
- Escalate errors promptly to leadership and relevant
stakeholders to ensure swift resolution.
- Provide out-of-office coverage for market teams to avoid
disruptions during absences or sick leaves.
- Facilitate cross-training for markets to avoid single points of
failure within the team.
- Participate in the onboarding and continued training program to
continuously enhance skills and knowledge.
- Communicate clearly, efficiently, and compassionately with
patients to manage rescheduling.
- Collaborate with Clinic Manager and Clinic Lead to gather
scheduling requirements and understand schedule needs.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- High school diploma; Associate Degree preferred
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar role in a healthcare
- Willingness to be present in-clinic quarterly
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- 2-3 years of experience with healthcare scheduling software and
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and
ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with
the ability to convey information clearly and concisely.
- Empathetic and patient demeanor, with the ability to remain
composed under pressure
- Phone etiquette and call management skills required
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams.
- Ability to solve complex scheduling concerns.
- Ability to solve complex problems.
Founded in 2017 by Carolyn Witte and Felicity Yost, Tia is the
modern medical home for women. We are trailblazing a new paradigm
for women's healthcare that treats women as whole people vs. parts
or life stages. Blending in-person and virtual care services, Tia's
"Whole Woman, Whole Life" care model fuses gynecology, primary
care, mental health and evidence-based wellness services to treat
women comprehensively. By making women's health higher quality and
lower cost, Tia makes women healthier, providers happier, and the
business of care delivery stronger - setting a new standard of care
for women everywhere.
Tia has raised more than $132 Million in venture capital funding to
date, including a recent $100 Million Series B investment, one of
the largest early-stage rounds ever for a healthcare company
focused on women. Tia has ambitious plans to scale its
"whole-woman, whole-life" model to more than 100,000 women by 2023.
We'll do this by growing virtual and in-person operations in
existing and new markets while expanding its service lines to care
for women throughout their entire lives -- from puberty to
menopause. Since launching in 2017, Tia has grown to serve
thousands of women aged 18-80 with blended in-person and virtual
care in New York City, Los Angeles, Phoenix and soon San
We're building a world class team to reimagine women's healthcare.
We're an interdisciplinary team of clinicians, researchers,
designers, technologists and operators who have seen firsthand how
broken the healthcare system is for women. We're united by a
powerful mission to enable every woman to achieve optimal health,
as defined by herself, as well as a shared set of values and
principles that define our business, products, and culture.
Tia is building a culture of excellence - in people, process and
product. This is our northstar value;
What is excellence, exactly?
Excellence about constantly elevating yourself, it is the process
of constantly striving to perform to the best of your abilities,
and identifying your top potential through constant learning,
experimentation and evolution. Excellence is not about achieving
perfection, as that insinuates a pinnacle. Instead, in our terms,
excellence is about the pursuit of constant improvement. We're
looking for people who want to go on that hard journey of
constantly setting new personal records, and organizational
We practice excellence at Tia by demonstrating the following types
of behaviors: We chose (and actively choose) excellence as Tia's
highest order value because it crystalizes into one word several
behaviors that we hold dear, specifically:
- A drive to constantly improve through experimentation,
reflection. and an insatiable growth mindset - said another way,
we're energized by the possibility of invention, innovation, and
- Being present in and grateful for the journey - not just the
goal line. Perfection is static. Excellence is a process (more on
this important distinction below)
- Asking why, then why again - because accepting "this is just
the way it is" is not good enough
- Grit & perseverance - a maker mentality that involves "rolling
up your sleeves", but also deep care for oneself and for
- A commitment to uncovering talents to unlock "rock star"
potential across every individual
Furthermore, excellence reflects the "bigness" and the "boldness"
of Tia's mission and vision - a world in which every woman can
achieve optimal health, as defined by herself.
Said another way, Tia's mission is NOT to make healthcare
incrementally better for women. Instead, we've intentionally set
out to create a fundamentally new paradigm for modern women's
healthcare that's truly excellent. We believe that creating a
company that operates in a culture of excellence will manifest in
our product. Reaching this goal is not an overnight pursuit or a
"one and done." We have not and will not "get it right" with the
first swing. Rather, this higher order goal is a moving target- one
we have not and will not ever fully "achieve." By design, we will
never be "done" with this work, but instead, we will be
continuously in pursuit of our mission. It is this continuous
pursuit - the journey, not the finish line - that truly embodies
This position may require attendance at company and team off-sites
and is subject the Company's vaccine requirement, as permitted by
law and subject to reasonable accommodation.
Tia is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to foster a
workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that
diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to
a better environment for our employees and a better product for our
users and patients. We strongly encourage people of color and
members of the LGBTQ+ community to apply.
If you are committed to collaborative problem solving, creating
high-quality and user-centric products, and want to make waves in
women's healthcare, join us!
Keywords: Tia, San Francisco , Access Specialist, Other , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!