Engr II-Ntwk Engring
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: May 28, 2023
When you join VerizonVerizon is one of the world's leading
providers of technology and communications services, transforming
the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of
people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future.
Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here.What you'll be doing...As an Engineer for the Public
Sector Federal Aviation Administration Enterprise Network
Engineering Services (FENS) Engineering team, you will collaborate
and lead the design and implementation for visualization of service
flows in the Verizon OSS systems. You will work with a
multi-discipline team that will deliver and manage the technology
service flow visualization and technical roadmap for the FAA
infrastructure architecture and Verizon OSS based on Verizon's
solutions and services.You will be focused on the technical,
operational, and business modeling aspects of delivering a service
flow (point to point machine data flow) for the FAA FENS
opportunity. The goal will be to deliver the best technical
solutions along with the best customer service. You will need
- Understanding customer business challenges.
- Developing the visualization solution with the internal Verizon
OSS team and third-party vendor.
- Provide briefings at various levels internally and externally.
- Identify, own, and drive resolutions to gaps in the
visualization lifecycle processes.What we are looking for:You are
an effective and inspiring leader, able to engage and motivate
cross functional teams to deliver outstanding performance. You have
the business insight and executive presence to establish
credibility with executive leaders (e.g., internally, customer, and
partners), and guide the growth of a team to deliver on
expectations, milestones, and deliverables.You'll need to have:
- Experience in computer science, programming, project
management, and requirements analysis.
- Bachelor's degree with intern work experience.
- Experience in collaborating in cross functional teams with
understanding of how business and technical requirements interweave
to create product solutions.
- Knowledge of technical product design and implementation, as
well as systems development lifecycle.
- Ability to manage and balance business and technical
- Ability to obtain a government security clearance of Public
- Experience in communicating (written and spoken) highly
technical, multi-faceted (e.g., network, security, data,
application) solutions to customers in a simple, understandable
- Experience managing technical programs with end-to-end
- Highly organized with an ability to manage competing
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication, organization and
project management skills.
- Experience in one or more technical areas listed:
- Network Operations (Managed Services for WLAN, LAN, WAN, IP
- Security (TLS, DDOS, FW, IDS, WAF, DDI, SIEM, Analytics,
- Software programming, quality assurance, requirements
- IT Applications Management (SOA, Web Services).Even Better if
- Communication, organization, and negotiation skills with the
ability to successfully work multiple projects simultaneously.
- Public Sector Domain Experience to include both Federal and
Department of Defense contract and procurement experience.
- Functional knowledge in leading technology software, fault
management, performance management, network and security vendor
portfolios such as Java, python, Assure1, Splunk, Cisco.
- Experience in the Aviation industry.Verizon is committed to
maintaining a Total Rewards package which is competitive, valued by
our employees, and differentiates us as an Employer of Choice.
- We are a 'pay for performance' company and your contribution is
rewarded through competitive salaries, performance-based incentives
and an employee Stock Program. We create an opportunity for us all
to share in the success of Verizon and the value we help to create
through this broad-based discretionary equity award program.
- Your benefits are market competitive and delivered by some of
the best providers.
- You are provided with a full spectrum of health and wellbeing
resources, including a first in-class Employee Assistance Program,
to empower you to make positive health decisions.
- We offer generous paid time off benefits to help you manage
your work life balance and opportunities for flexible working
- Verizon provides training and development for all levels, to
help you enhance your skills and develop your career, from funding
towards education assistance, award-winning training, online
development tools and access to industry research.
- You will be able to take part in volunteering opportunities as
part of our environmental, community and sustainability
commitment.Your benefits package will vary depending on the country
in which you work.*subject to business approvalIf Verizon and this
role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if
you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.Where
you'll be workingIn this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work
location that includes work from home and assigned office days set
by your manager.Scheduled Weekly Hours40Equal Employment
Opportunity We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and
celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know
that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a
collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity
and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel
valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and
contribute their best. Check out page to learn more.
Keywords: Verizon, San Francisco , Engr II-Ntwk Engring, Other , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...