Assoc Masters MH Prof- Initial Assessment Coordinator & Triage Evrgn
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Under supervision of a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed
Marriage Family Therapist or a Licensed Professional Clinical
Counselor, provides mental health assessment and triage, diagnosis,
treatment and crisis intervention services for adult and/or child
members who present themselves for psychiatric evaluation with a
broad range of mental health needs. Under supervision, may
collaborate with treating primary care providers and with
psychiatric and allied health professional team members to plan and
direct each individual patient's treatment program.
- Confers and consults with supervisor regarding member's
progress and treatment and may consult with psychiatrist as well,
if both are involved in member's care.
- May provide appropriate support to member's family, including
explanation of treatment, instructions in how to support treatment
and interventions to increase acceptance of and adherence to
treatment, at member's request.
- Utilizes resources of public and private agencies and community
organizations to meet the needs of the member's treatment to
include referral of the member and/or member's family to external
resources, as appropriate. Participates in departmental program
development, implementation and evaluation.
- Reports safety concerns to mandated reporting agencies.
- Develops, implements, coordinates, and evaluates clinical
treatment programs for the diagnosis, treatment, and/or referral of
Health Plan members with acute or chronic mental illness.
Participates in staff conferences to select, plan, and evaluate
treatment programs. Provides outpatient psychotherapy to
individuals, couples, families and groups. Instructs and counsels
patients and their families regarding compliance with prescribed
therapeutic regimens and adherence to prescribed medication
regimens, within the scope of practice. May administer specialized
therapeutic procedures, as appropriate. Provides appropriate
support to member's family. May develop and conducts
psychoeducational classes and groups.
- Prepares intake summaries, treatment plans, and case summaries
and maintains ongoing confidential records. Charts member's
treatment and progress in accord with Kaiser Permanente, state and
NCQA regulations and in keeping with accepted community
- Collaborates with physicians in screening and evaluating
patients for psychotropic medications, within the scope of
practice. Utilizes resources of public and private agencies and
community organizations to meet the needs of the member's
treatment. May develop, implements, and evaluates behavioral
medicine and health psychology programs in a variety of settings,
including primary care. Provides consultation to primary care
providers and health educators on matters relating to mental
health, health psychology and behavioral medicine.Basic
- Master's degree in Social Work, Social Welfare from a clinical
track, Clinical or Counseling Psychology or related field required
from an accredited college or university by start date.License,
- Current valid Associate Marriage Family Therapist, Associate
Clinical Social Worker or Associate Professional Clinical Counselor
registration with the State of California by the Board of
- Upon completion of supervised hours, the employee must obtain
state licensure within two (2) years.
- Once hired as an Associate, an employee will be offered and
must work a schedule that would accumulate at least half the
required supervisory hours annually.
- Must be familiar with DSM-V as a means of diagnosis.
- Has experience in assessing, diagnosing and treating a broad
range of psychiatric conditions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of social service agencies, state regulations, and
professional board standards as is related to member treatment,
patient rghts, and member/patient confidentiality.
- Knowledge of Evidence-Based Practice and psychotherapy research
- Knowledge of the bio-psycho-social functions that contribute to
- Accuracy in diagnosing patients and developing effective
- Competence in individual, family and/or group
- Professional maturity and ethical integrity necessary for
assuming professional responsibilities.
- Commitment to quality of service, teamwork, and participation
in a highly interactive multidisciplinary clinic.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks/objectives in a timely
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Previous clinical responsibility to include crisis
intervention, individual and group psychotherapy.
- Demonstrated professional maturity and ethical integrity
necessary for assuming professional responsibilities,
- Demonstrated commitment to quality of service, teamwork, and
participation in a highly interactive multidisciplinary clinic
- Demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks/objectives in a
timely manner, preferred
- Accuracy in diagnosing patients and developing effective
treatment plans, preferred
- Competence in individual, family and group psychotherapy,
preferred.PrimaryLocation : California,San Francisco,San Francisco
939 Ellis Behavioral HealthHoursPerWeek : 40Shift : DayWorkdays :
Mon-FriWorkingHoursStart : 8:30WorkingHoursEnd : 5:00Job Schedule :
Full-timeJob Type : StandardEmployee Status : RegularEmployee
Group/Union Affiliation : Job Level : Individual ContributorJob
Category : Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual
CareDepartment : San Francisco Hospital - Mental Health/Psych-NonMD
Prov - 0206Travel : NoKaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity
employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual
orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status,
ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic
information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and
inclusion, or any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser, San Francisco , Assoc Masters MH Prof- Initial Assessment Coordinator & Triage Evrgn, Other , Emeryville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...