Location: San Francisco
Posted on: May 27, 2023
California Residents - Please click here
We're looking for motivated, engaged people to help make everyone's
The position is responsible for supervising employees to ensure
security, safety, food specs, quality assurance of products,
sanitation, HACCP and FDA regulations are followed. Responsible for
labor and food cost controls as per company specifications.
Employees and Immediate Family will fly United Airlines Stand-by
for free (Domestic and International)
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures quality production standards are maintained for all
- Maintains Company policies and procedures as well as
specification books for airline customers and serve as a
knowledgeable resource relative to those policies.
- Controls food cost and other controllable costs
- Works with management staff to improve performance of the
- Prepares management reports (ex. attendance, HAACCP and labor)
reports as required.
- Responsible for safety, quality and compliance to customer
specifications and regulatory requirements and company policies and
- Ensures specifications, airline diagrams, and other standards
are accurate according to the airline specifications.
- Ensures that all products are coded according to Gate Gourmet
- Conducts inventory of Gate Gourmet products and customer
materials to ensure proper usage and minimization of waste.
- Completes required requisitions for the Storeroom to ensure
adequate supply is maintained.
- Responsible for maintaining daily temperature logs and other
logs and reports as required.
- Works with maintenance staff to ensure preventive maintenance
of machinery according to schedules, reports maintenance and repair
issues in timely manner.
- Responsible for performance evaluation, coaching, counseling
and preparing corrective action for employees and liaises
appropriately with HR and other support functions.
- Manages work flow balancing - - the division of
responsibilities amongst employees on each shift
- Determines when and whether to call employees in to cover
staffing needs (ex. sick calls, vacation relief, medical leaves,
volume changes, etc.)
- In conjunction with department leaders determines number of
employees needed by shift
- Ensures compliance with company Wage & Hour policy, including
ensuring employees get the rest & meal breaks and ensuring company
processes are followed.
- Trains and monitors employees on proper work procedures to
ensure maximum productivity with minimum labor and food
- Monitors daily manpower planning and schedules employees.
- Responsible for employee retention and reducing employee
- Responsible for coaching, counseling and preparing corrective
actions for employees in compliance with the applicable
union/collective bargaining agreement(s).
- Reviews and ensures employees in chain of command are in
correct cost centers and correct job titles.
- Reviews and ensures union represented employees' pay rates are
correct based on wage scales and seniority.
- Ensures employees complete all company required training
including but not limited to ServSafe
- Compliance with all company required policies, procedures and
processes including but not limited to required training
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associates degree preferred.
- 2+ years supervisory experience working in a high volume,
manufacturing, food production, and restaurant or catering
environment or equivalent experience in the related field
Technical Skills: (Certification, Licenses and Registration)
- Must have strong and effective leadership skills, and the
ability to successfully manage a staff of 30+ hourly
- Current or previous labor relations experience is a plus, but
- Candidate must be comfortable with all levels of employees and
have the ability to drive positive program change.
- Ability to train others required.
- Must have the ability to give negative and positive feedback to
employees on a daily basis.
- Excellent time management skills required. Ability to handle
multiple tasks without losing focus on priorities.
- Strong organizational, analytical, communication and leadership
- Must be innovative and have the ability to make changes to the
operation as needed to further improve the work environment and
- Basic computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft
Office products required.
- Ability to obtain ServSafe Certification required.
- ServSafe Certified preferred
Language / Communication Skills:
- Expresses oneself clearly and effectively when speaking and
writing to individuals and groups; listening attentively and
insuring communication is understood by all parties involved
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish/Chinese Mandarin/
Vietnamese/Hindi/Polish a plus.
Geographic Responsibility: USA
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Travel %: No
Exemption Classification: Exempt
Internal Relationships: TBD
External Relationships: TBD
Work Environment / Requirements of the Job: Normal work
Budget / Revenue Responsibility: USD
Direct Line Manager (Title): Manager, Ops, M&P
Dotted Line Manager (Title, if applicable): N/A
Number of Direct Reports: Up to 40, average of 14 (union
Number of Dotted Line Reports: N/A
Estimated Total Size of Team: Up to 40
Gate Group Competencies Required to be Successful in the Job:
- Thinking - Information Search and analysis & problem resolution
- Engaging - Understanding others, Team Leadership and Developing
- Inspiring - Influencing and building relationships, Motivating
and Inspiring, Communicating effectively
- Achieving - Delivering business results under pressure,
Championing Performance Improvement and Customer Focus
Demonstrated Values to be Successful in the Position
Employees at gategroup are expected to live our Values of
Excellence, Integrity, Passion and Accountability. To demonstrate
these Values, we expect to observe the following from everyone:
- We treat each other with respect and we act with integrity
- We communicate and keep each other informed
- We put our heads together to problem solve and deliver
excellence as a team
- We have passion for our work and we pay attention to the little
- We foster an environment of accountability, take responsibility
for our actions and learn from our mistakes
- We do what we say we will do, when we say we are going to do
- We care about our coworkers, always taking an opportunity to
make someone's day better
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to
this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of
all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management
reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign
other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of this position.
gategroup is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce
diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, veteran status, disability status or other
category under applicable law.
For further information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity,
copy and paste the following URL into your web browser:
If you want to be part of a team that helps make travel and
culinary memories, join us!
Keywords: Gategroup, San Francisco , Operations Supervisor-2, Other , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...