Psychological Assistant (Bilingual Spanish)
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Under the supervision of a licensed Psychologist or board
certified Psychiatrist, provides mental health assessment,
diagnosis, treatment and crisis intervention services for adult
and/or child members who present themselves for psychiatric
evaluation with a broad range of mental health needs. Under
supervision, may collaborate with treating primary care providers
and with psychiatric and allied health professional team members to
plan and direct each individual patient's treatment program.
- Under the supervision of a licensed psychologist or board
certified psychiatrist, develops, implements, coordinates, and
evaluates clinical treatment programs for the diagnosis, treatment,
and/or referral of Health Plan members with acute or chronic mental
illness. Participates in staff conferences to select, plan, and
evaluate treatment programs. Provides outpatient psychotherapy to
individuals, couples, families and groups. Instructs and counsels
patients and their families regarding compliance with prescribed
therapeutic regimens and adherence to prescribed medication
regimens, within the scope of practice. May administer specialized
therapeutic procedures, as appropriate. -Provides appropriate
support to member's family. May develop and conducts
psychoeducational classes and groups.
- May conduct psychological assessments, including test
administration, interpretation, and recommendations. Prepares
intake summaries, treatment plans, and case summaries and maintains
ongoing confidential records. Charts member's treatment and
progress in accord with state and NCQA regulations and in keeping
with accepted community standards.
- Collaborates with physicians in screening and evaluating
patients for psychotropic medications, within the scope of
practice. Utilizes resources of public and private agencies and
community organizations to meet the needs of the member's
treatment. May develop, implements, and evaluates behavioral
medicine and health psychology programs in a variety of settings,
including primary care. Provides consultation to other care
providers and health educators on matters relating to mental
health, health psychology and behavioral medicine. Provides
clinical supervision to psychology doctoral interns, psychology
postdoctoral residents, and other mental health trainees/fellows as
- Confers and consults with supervisor regarding member's
progress and treatment and may consult with psychiatrist as well,
if both are involved in member's care.
- May provide appropriate support to member's family, including
explanation of treatment, instructions in how to support treatment
and interventions to increase acceptance of and adherence to
treatment, at member's request.
- Utilizes resources of public and private agencies and community
organizations to meet the needs of the member's treatment to
include referral of the member and/or member's family to external
resources, as appropriate. Participates in departmental program
development, implementation and evaluation.
- Reports safety concerns to mandated reporting agencies.Basic
- Completion of a psychology doctoral internship - minimum of 1
year (1500 hours).Education
- PhD/PsyD/EdD in Clinical, Counseling, Health or School
Psychology from an accredited college or university.License,
- Current valid registration as a Psychological Assistant with
the Board of Psychology of the State of California and validate of
an assigned board registered licensed supervisor by start
- Upon completion of supervised hours, the employee must obtain
state licensure within two (2) years.Additional Requirements:
- Once hired as an Assistant, an employee will be offered and
must work a schedule that would accumulate at least half the
required supervisory hours annually.
- Must be familiar with DSM-V as a means of diagnosis.
- Has experience in assessing, diagnosing and treating a broad
range of psychiatric conditions.
- Knowledge of Evidence-Based Practice and psychotherapy research
- Knowledge of the bio-psycho-social functions that contribute to
- Accuracy in diagnosing patients and developing effective
- Competence in individual, family and group psychotherapy.
- Professional maturity and ethical integrity necessary for
assuming professional responsibilities.
- Commitment to quality of service, teamwork, and participation
in a highly interactive multidisciplinary clinic.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks/objectives in a timely
- Knowledge of social service agencies, state regulations and APA
standards as it related to client treatment, patient rights and
- Previous clinical responsibilities to include psychological
testing, diagnosis, crisis intervention, brief individual and group
- Knowledge of psychological testing techniques, administration
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership.
- QBS Level I -Spanish -Required.Preferred Qualifications:
- Previous clinical responsibility to include crisis
intervention, individual and group psychotherapy.
- Demonstrated experience in psychological evaluations of adults,
children, adolescents, & families, including administering &
writing up psychological testing & assessment batteries
- Demonstrated professional maturity and ethical integrity
necessary for assuming professional responsibilities,
- Demonstrated commitment to quality of service, teamwork, and
participation in a highly interactive multidisciplinary clinic,
- Demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks/objectives in a
timely manner, preferred
- Accuracy in diagnosing patients and developing effective
treatment plans, preferred
- Competence in individual, family and group psychotherapy,
preferredPrimaryLocation : California,Richmond,Richmond Medical
Offices 2HoursPerWeek : 40Shift : DayWorkdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu,
FriWorkingHoursStart : 08:00 AMWorkingHoursEnd : 05:00 PMJob
Schedule : Full-timeJob Type : StandardEmployee Status :
RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation : A05-IBHS-NUHW-NUHW Integ
Behavioral Hlth SerJob Level : Entry LevelJob Category : Behavioral
Health, Social Services & Spiritual CareDepartment : Richmond
Hospital - Mental Health/Psych-Nurse - 0206Travel : NoKaiser
Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse
and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital
status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity,
veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing
characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected
Keywords: Kaiser, San Francisco , Psychological Assistant (Bilingual Spanish), Other , Woodacre, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...