Compliance Coordinator - Compliance
Company: Columbia Association, Inc.
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: March 20, 2023
HealthRIGHT 360 gives hope, builds health, and changes lives for
people in need by providing comprehensive, integrated,
compassionate care that includes primary medical care, mental
health services, and substance use disorder treatment.
Benefits and perks:
- HR360 offers a robust benefits package, including PTO, 15 paid
holidays, commuter benefits, retirement plans, and more!
- Employees qualify for public loan forgiveness programs
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Work with mission driven, compassionate colleagues and make a
difference every day in the work that you do. Job Overview This is
a union position. HealthRIGHT 360 is a family of programs that
provides compassionate care to people in need, by way of primary
medical, mental health, and substance use disorder treatment and
The Compliance Coordinator is the liaison between the Behavioral
Health Program and the Compliance Department. The Compliance
Coordinator is an integral partner to the behavioral healthcare
team, helping to support the team to meet regulatory state/county
and agency requirements. The Administrative Operations team at
HealthRIGHT 360 follows a mission driven culture that is shaped by
values of accountability, clear and honest communication,
professionalism, work ethic, innovation, humility, and community.
- Responsible for practicing the Department culture, values, and
- Responsible for the integration of Behavioral Health Programs
and Compliance department to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Meets regularly with Program Leadership to ensure their program
is informed of new Compliance Procedures and Initiatives.
- Represents HealthRIGHT 360 by attending external meetings and
trainings, when assigned. Key Chart Documentation and Audit
- Provides support and guidance to programs regarding applicable
- Completes Internal Chart Audits and provides ongoing feedback
to the programs concerning Medi-Cal documentation
- Completes Chart Compliance Reports and contributes to
Compliance Department efforts to provide feedback.
- Responsible for maintaining internal tracking reports and
updating them on a regular basis.
- Provides supports for internal and external program audits, and
corrective action plans, when applicable. Key Interdisciplinary
Collaborations and Communications:
- Collaborates with the Billing and Electronic Health Record
teams, as needed.
- Collaborates with the medical records team, as needed.
- Collaborates with other agency teams, as needed. Key
Administrative and Other responsibilities:
- Maintains compliance with agency policies, procedures, and
- Arranges work schedule in accordance with agency needs and
- Attends internal meetings as assigned (which may result in
traveling to various local Counties).
- Attends external meetings as assigned; May be the lead agency
representative at specific County meetings (and provides a
summary/notes/materials from these meetings).
- In conjunction with clinical supervisors/directors, provides
trainings to staff on documentation requirements, incident
reporting process, HIPAA/42 CFR part 2, agency/program policies and
procedures, grievance processes, and medical records process.
- Provides support to programs with agency policies and
- Runs credentials reports and monitors personnel credentials in
the agency's electronic health record system.
- Informs programs of active client Medi-cal
- Provides assistance with updating materials, as needed. And,
other duties as assigned. Education and Knowledge, Skills and
Abilities Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's Degree experience.
- Familiarity with DMC regulatory requirements.
- Background in compliance or auditing. Background Clearance
- Must not be on active parole or probation. Knowledge Required:
- Culturally competent and able to work with a diverse
- Experience working successfully with issues of substance abuse,
mental health, criminal background, and other potential barriers to
economic self sufficiency.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications,
specifically Microsoft Word, Outlook, Microsoft Excel, and internet
applications. Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of Clinical documentation (treatment plans, progress
- Ability to enter data into various electronic systems while
maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the data.
- Professionalism, punctuality, flexibility and reliability are
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Integrity to handle sensitive information in a confidential
- Action oriented.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multitask and
juggle multiple priorities.
- Outstanding ability to follow-through with tasks.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively as part of an
interdisciplinary team and independently assume
- Strong initiative and enthusiasm and willingness to pitch in
- Able to communicate well at all levels of the organization
including working with organization leadership and high-level
representatives of partner organizations.
- Able to work within a frequently changing project scope while
maintaining overall direction and structured priorities.
- Knowledge of co-occurring disorders and trauma informed
treatment. In compliance with the California Department of Public
Health's mandate, all employees must be able to provide proof of
COVID-19 vaccination. Medical and religious exemptions are
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest
and conviction records.
Keywords: Columbia Association, Inc., San Francisco , Compliance Coordinator - Compliance, Other , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...