Legacy and Leadership Giving Officer Full Time - Wilsey Center - San Francisco, CA, 94102 chevr[...]
Company: San Francisco Opera
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Job Location: Wilsey Center - San Francisco, CA
Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $90,000.00 - $100,000.00 Salary/year
PURPOSE: To strengthen existing relationships with legacy donors
and develop strategies to cultivate and solicit prospects for
significant legacy gifts, with an emphasis on utilizing the legacy
giving program to confirm additional major gifts of $25,000 or more
for annual fundraising initiatives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Meet ambitious portfolio revenue and legacy giving goals and
build pipeline to reach future fiscal year goals.
- Develop and implement effective fundraising strategies for 150+
accounts in a giving portfolio of legacy giving prospects.
- Create and implement strategies for identification,
qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Active prospect qualification and strategic engagement for a
high percentage of portfolio to build and maintain robust
leadership giving pipeline in support of annual and special
- Work closely with department staff and key volunteers including
Board committee to qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward new
prospects for legacy gifts.
- To deepen relationships with estate administrators, financial
advisors, and legal professionals whose work has the most potential
to impact the legacy giving efforts of the organization.
- Connect legacy giving to annual giving, by maximizing legacy
giving programs to cultivate and confirm additional major gifts for
annual, capital, special projects, and campaign funding.
- Work closely with endowment and finance personnel to maximize
potential of legacy giving program at the organization.
- Serve as a resource to staff, donors, and Board members for
accurate legacy giving vehicles, investment, and tax information,
informed by best practices and current trends and applicable
federal and state laws and regulations.
- Adhere to best practices for moves management, maintaining
accurate and up-to-date records of donor contacts and ongoing
communication with current donors and prospects via database and
hard file notations.
- Determine and maintain accurate gift forecasts for
- Participate in portfolio review process including working
collaboratively with the Director of Individual and Legacy Giving
to evaluate and recommend portfolio moves.
- Work closely with Legacy Giving Associate, providing guidance,
encouraging best practices and adhering to Company procedures and
- Host donors and prospects at events and cultivation
opportunities, partnering when appropriate with departmental staff
to maximize fundraising potential.
- Provide donor services to patrons, resolving complaints and
problems via phone/correspondence.
- Ensure donors are recognized and acknowledged
- Attend trainings and professional events when appropriate and
as directed. Keep informed on tax law changes and planned giving
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree from an accredited college or
university (preferred) or equivalent work experience.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum five (5) years of increasingly responsible
experience including proven success in solicitation of donors with
an outstanding record in closing legacy gifts and major gifts for
annual fundraising initiatives from legacy donors. Professional
training and experience in charitable estate planning is highly
PREREQUISITE SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of principles and practices of fundraising including
legacy gifts and other non-cash gifts.
- Proven success in managing portfolios of 150+ donors and
demonstrated achievement in providing superior service and
producing excellent financial results from patrons, reaching
realized legacy giving goals of $4 Million or more.
- Proven track record of identifying, cultivating, and soliciting
gifts from donors including legacy gifts such as simple bequests,
charitable remainder trusts, annuities, beneficiary gifts, and
gifts of property.
- Exemplary diplomacy, problem-solving and teamwork
- Must be able to set priorities; coordinate multiple projects
simultaneously and meet firm deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Convey complicated procedures clearly and succinctly.
- Establish working relationships and interact effectively with a
wide range of stakeholders internally and externally.
- Ability to work effectively with volunteer board leadership and
senior staff, involving them, as appropriate, in the cultivation
and solicitation process.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products and database
- Tessitura customer relationship management system experience
- Knowledge of performing arts and/or the operatic art form
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Capacity to attend evening and weekend Opera events in the Bay
area with occasional travel required as assigned.
- Must perform the functions of the position in a safe
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be
considered for this position in accordance with the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance.
SAN FRANCISCO OPERA IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY OF STAFF
Keywords: San Francisco Opera, San Francisco , Legacy and Leadership Giving Officer Full Time - Wilsey Center - San Francisco, CA, 94102 chevr[...], Other , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...