Data Scientist (Experienced)
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Location San Francisco Type FullTime Department Analytics & Data
Science About Us:At Parafin, our mission is to grow small
businesses. Small businesses are the backbone of our economy, yet
banks do not have their back. Parafin is a technology company that
builds infrastructure which enables small businesses to get easy
access to financial services via platforms they sell on.Parafin's
first product offers capital-as-a-service for online platforms.
Parafin currently powers the capital programs of platforms ranging
from Series B to post IPO companies. We are a tight knit team of
engineers and designers, coming from organizations such as
Robinhood, Affirm, CapitalOne, Uber and CERN, excited both about
helping hundreds of thousands of small businesses grow and thrive,
and building products that leaders at top companies have started to
use every day. We are backed by prominent venture capitalists such
as Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, Index Ventures, Green Oaks
Capital and SV Angel. What You'll Be Doing:
- You will turn unstructured business opportunities into data
science problems and define plans for analysis, metric development,
- You will develop roadmaps for areas of work, scope related
projects, and drive execution primarily through individual
contribution and also by drawing on other team members.
- You will identify new, high impact opportunities for the data
science team to drive the business forward with new data sets,
models, processes, and team members.
- You will use your judgment to apply tools appropriate to the
stage and impact of the problem at hand, be they heuristic rules,
inferential techniques, or machine learning.
- You will help scale the Parafin team by hiring exceptional
What We're Searching For:
- You are an effective generalist who partners well with
engineering, product, and business functions.
- You have deeper experience in at least one area of data
- You communicate very well with both technical and nontechnical
- You have a strong grasp of statistics and the fundamentals of
- You care deeply about the quality and correctness of your
- You take initiative and can own and drive large projects
- You are comfortable managing competing and shifting
- You are excited about working on a small team and setting the
foundations for data science at Parafin.
- You have over five years of work experience as a data
- You are experienced with Python.
- You have a graduate degree in statistics, engineering, math,
computer science, or a related technical discipline.
We Prefer If You Have:
- Experience with credit risk modeling
- Experience with time series
- Experience with SQL
What We Offer
- Salary Range: $170-$225k
- Equity grant
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Unlimited PTO & work from home flexibility
- Commuter benefits
- Free lunches
- Paid parental leave
- Employee assistance program
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this
application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing,
or otherwise participating in the employee selection process,
please contact us.PI202144341
Keywords: Parafin, San Francisco , Data Scientist (Experienced), Other , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!