Dispatch Operations Associate
Company: Voltus, Inc.
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: January 26, 2023
The RoleAre you passionate about the decarbonization of the
electric grid? Are you interested in learning about how distributed
energy resources play a critical role in the grid of the future?
The Dispatch Operations team at Voltus is looking for an Associate
who is passionate about delivering MWs to the grid during dispatch
events. These events are called when the grid needs Voltus to take
action, and the Dispatch Operations team quickly activates our
portfolio of MWs in various programs across North America. In this
role, you will become knowledgeable about grid operators and
utilities in North America, you will interact regularly with large
industrial and commercial energy users, and you will build a
foundation of operations experience across diverse systems and
processes. This rapidly expanding landscape requires constant
scrutinization of our processes, systems, and tools to efficiently
deliver on dispatches. You will have the opportunity to both lead
tactical responsibilities and support strategic projects, and you
will be part of an exceptional team that is laser focused on
combating the climate crisis. We are a 24/7 team, and we are
looking for Associates located in the US Eastern Time Zone. The
role is shift-based and your availability and reliability are a
critical element to the success of the role; however, this role is
remote, which means: no commute! We are looking for candidates who
can work 8-hour weekday shifts between 7am ET - 3pm ET.Primary
- Maintain a state of readiness to receive dispatches from grid
operators and utilities.
- Become an expert in executing dispatches across grid operator
and utility programs.
- Maximize customer participation in dispatches through a
dispatch management process that makes customer participation
simple and successful.
- Lead seamless internal communication during dispatches,
leveraging other internal team members in support of the shared
goal for flawless dispatches.
- Capture lessons learned following a dispatch. Track and follow
through on any customer inquiries or issues.
- Become an expert in the operation of Voltus' peak avoidance
offerings (called Peak Saver). Provide business critical insight
and help our customers maximize savings during system peak
- Ensure swift diagnosis, action, and resolution on lessons
learned coming out of each dispatch. Collaborate across internal
and external stakeholder groups to drive efficient and thoughtful
- Own process documentation, internal and external, stakeholder
communications, and customer readiness for Peak Saver
- Work cross functionally to ensure key program milestones are
complete ahead of season start dates.
- Create and deliver seasonal communications to customers in
partnership with Voltus's Customer Success team.
- Schedule and conduct dispatch verification tests before a
customer's first dispatch.
- Ensure customer onboarding is completed fully and in a timely
- Become an expert in dispatching Peak Saver programs and help
lead a continuous training program. Leverage recordings, Lessonly,
and other materials to facilitate asynchronous training in Dispatch
Ops and across the company.
- Assist in the operation of grid operator and utility programs
in the PJM, ISO-NE, NYISO and IESO service territories. The spring
and summer seasons are focused on dispatch readiness and
performance. Additional dispatch events occur throughout the year,
but your secondary responsibilities will be predominantly conducted
in the fall and winter.Qualities
- Bright, Gritty, and Good
- Reliable - this is a time-sensitive, quick reaction role
- Ambitious and willing to learn quickly
- Strong communicator
- Self-motivated; bias for action
- Well organized
- Strong computer skills: comfortable working with a variety of
web-based toolsOur mission is to be the Distributed Energy Platform
that fulfills the promise of the energy transition we see happening
in the world today. If you'd like to play a leading role in helping
us achieve this mission, please complete the application form to
let us know you are interested!
At Voltus, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer because
we recognize that a diverse organization begins with a diverse
candidate pool. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any
kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities
regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion,
age, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or
Keywords: Voltus, Inc., San Francisco , Dispatch Operations Associate, Other , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!