Access Point Supervisor
Company: St Vincent De Paul
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: January 26, 2023
JOB TITLE: Access Point Supervisor DEPARTMENT: Homeless Services
- Coordinated Entry/Access PointSCHEDULE: 40 hours per week; some
shifts will include evenings and weekendsLOCATION: 525 5th Street,
San Francisco and roving locations CLASSIFICATION: Exempt,
Full-time, non-union SUPERVISOR: Director of Homeless
ServicesSALARY/BENEFITS: DOE, benefits: Kaiser paid in full for
employee, voluntary dental, vision, life insurance, 403b retirement
plan# EMPLOYEES SUPERVISED: 3 SUMMARY:The Access Point Supervisor
will be taking the lead on housing, problem solving, and service
referrals. With the help of the Access Point team the goal is to
ensure that every household who is involved in the CCC system of
care and HSH are engaged in exit planning. The AP supervisor will
ensure that the team works together to connect to the HSH team to
communicate updates and next steps that will need to be shared with
the guest(s) and vice versa. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF
ACCESS POINT SUPERVISOR: To remove barriers to access, this
position will supervise the goals and outcomes of the
Problem-Solving Specialist and the Housing Navigator who will serve
single adults experiencing homelessness at remote locations in San
Francisco including, for example, on the streets, at the jail or in
congregate shelters. As a result of the collaboration with the
Department of Homelessness and Supportive Housing and other
external stakeholders in launching this project, this job
description may change both prior to hire, and after, as we
continue to implement the best approach and services. As the
dedicated staff member who will oversee the care coordination is
responsible for the following:
- Manage intake process and secure the following
information/documents for each guest(s): Guest Agreement is signed,
Homeless Response System Release of Information (HRSROI) is signed
and provided to HSH
- Participate or assist in program enrollment in partnership with
HSH and Access Points to ensure coordinated entry enrollment and
problem-solving screening are completed in the ONE System
- Manage site's byname list (BNL) and lead weekly staffing
- Oversee daily bed availability data entry into Type Form/RTZ;
Rosters must be complete and timely.
- Verify that the BNL is up-to-date with all active guests and
that the BNL includes new guests. BNL should not include guest(s)
exited from the program
- Facilitate weekly staffing meeting with Access Point staff and
assign support where needed
- Ensure Data Entry is completed in the system (training will be
provided) within 72 hours of guest arrival; oversee Salesforce is
up-to-date and accurate on intakes, case notes and exit reports.
Demographic Information is critical.
- Work with the CCC/HSH to communicate exit/housing plans to
guest and to share updates on guest status to the CCC/HSH Team in
ONE and through weekly care coordination meetings. Referrals such
as mental health or behavioral health may be requested and
facilitated through this process.
- Analyze information, problems, situations, practices or
procedures in order to define the issues/challenges, relevant
factors or concerns to accomplish success
- Coordinate with CCC, HSH, HSA, DPH and other city departments
to refer to housing and/or support services
- Communicate exit/housing plans to guest and to share updates on
guest status to the CCC/HSH Team in the ONE System through weekly
care coordination meetings.
- Communicate to guests and facilitate referrals such as mental
health or behavioral health.
- Coordinate with benefits application assistors and/or
eligibility workers to support guests to apply for and receive
- Work with access point team to assist guest(s) obtain documents
or arrange transportation or notification to assist in moving into
housing or making appointments
- In terms of exit planning, Access Point team will ensure all
guests have an exit plan and work with several partners to move the
- In collaboration with the Access Point team, ensure all guests
exit with or without the help of partner agencies. All exits must
be documented using the appropriate data systems REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in psychology, counseling, social work with
three years' experience OR equivalent work experience closely
related to the job description.
- Substantial or demonstrated knowledge/experience working with
individuals in crisis or unstable housing situations.
- A strong knowledge of issues confronted by and sensitivity to
adults with substance abuse, domestic violence, HIV/AIDS, mental
health issues, history of trauma and co-occurring-diagnoses.
- Demonstrated respect for, experience with and willingness to
work with a diverse client population.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the resources available to
homeless and low-income residents of San Francisco.
- Articulate; exceptional verbal and written English
- Demonstrates the necessary attitudes, knowledge and skills to
deliver culturally competent services and work effectively in
- Professional and discreet demeanor with good interpersonal
skills. Ability to handle confidential information and use tact,
respect, discretion and judgement.
- Organize material, information, and/or people in a systematic
way to optimize efficiency and minimize harm or duplication of
- Collaborative work style, demonstrated ability to work
independently and effectively as an individual and part of a team
for successful outcomes.
- Excellent computer skills and average ability in Microsoft
Office software are required.
- Knowledge of the ONE System preferred.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries and work
collaboratively with clients, volunteers and staff.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changes as our Coordinated
Entry activities respond to lessons learned and emerging
- Commitment to the mission of St. Vincent de Paul Society of San
Francisco and its values. TB clearance and background check
required upon job offer. St. Vincent de Paul Society of San
Francisco is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance we will
consider qualified applicants for hire with arrest and/or
conviction records. PI202066197
Keywords: St Vincent De Paul, San Francisco , Access Point Supervisor, Other , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!